Chapter 15

David Lexington is known for his warm and friendly personality by the public. However when it comes to his business, the old man can be quite brutal in his decision making. His short temper and strive for perfection makes him unpredictable. Knowing this Lacey for the fifth time run through her checklist to make sure everything needed for the Brokers meeting is done.

Walking out the conference room she locked eyes with Drake for a brief moment as he directed Lexington Senior to Carlos's office.
Unconsciously tapping her pen against the clipboard she held, Lacey kept glancing at her boss's office door.

"How is it in their," she asked as soon as Drake closed the door behind him.

"Give it five minutes, then I'm sure they'll probably be at each others throat."

"I hate this part of our job," she said.

"Yeah, me too, anyways you got the documents ready."

"It's all here, by the way I am taking that two weeks vacation after all this blows over."

"Make that the two of us," Drake said as he took the files from her.

As the two secretary's nervously waits, Carlos could feel a headache coming on as he listened to his father ranting on about why he wasn't made aware of the sexual allegations made against him.

"I am handling it."

"Doesn't look like it to me," David said as he tried to keep his anger and frustration with his son's whole handling of the issue down.

"This will affect the company shares and put more than just a taint on our family name especially when this is all over the paper's tomorrow."

"As if I don't know that, I've being up the last two weeks handling this whole shit," Carlos said angrily.

"You had two weeks to handle this whole mess and this is the best you can do, how can you let that vile woman be interviewed by the media."

"You are in no position to judge or order me on what to do regarding the issue."

Hearing his son's words, what little control David had on holding back his anger flew out the window.

"Don't ever speak to me that way again unless you have proof that I sexually assaulted her as she claims, I am still your father," he said as he starred at his son straight in the eye.

"Well, she's sticking to her story and from what I've gathered so far, it looks like her story just might be true."

"I'll handle this from now on and you are strictly to handle the company's business."

"Right now the company and me are the least of your worries, are you going to tell mum?

"Do I even have a choice now."

For a second Carlos swore he saw fear in his father's eyes as he yelled more at him.

"Leave the board members to me," Carlos said after Lacey's voice was heard through the intercom reminding him that the meeting is starting in five minutes.

"You are going to sit out of this one whether you like it or not, we both know you can't be seen running the investigation and handling business when your the centre of this whole scandal," Carlos said before he opened the door and walked out.

Walking into the conference room Carlos quickly looked around the room to see all the members present. Let's get this done with he thought as he took his seat and saw Mr Chase Bloomfield's smirk expression.

"Ladies and gentlemen this meeting won't take long, your questions, enquires will be answered and debated over when we have our annually monthly meeting in two weeks time."

"I'll now get straight to the point, the reason I've called this meeting is to give you a heads up of the sexual allegations placed against David Lexington."

As soon as the words left his mouth majority of the members looked shocked and suprised while a few others didn't.

Of course that shit head was bound to know somehow Carlos thought as Mr Bloomfield looked around the room.

"From our reliable sources this will be the story of the day tomorrow."

"The Blueprint project investors will likely want to pull out, we've only just managed to set up a meeting with them," Mrs Julia Evans the only other woman on the board beside Mrs Grace Lenoa said.

"I'll try to keep us in the Fests Studio bid but this will definitely give the Lockers Group a upper hand now," Mr Grande Gaysher said.

"I think someone aside from the Lexington family should handle this issue," Mr Bloomfield said.

"Also a change in leadership just for time being should be on the table seeing as this involves Mr David directly," he continued.

"I will personally be looking into the issue and a change in leadership at the moment is not required. I've had investigators on the issue and we will make sure whatever damage occurs will be controlled, sixty percent of the company is still owned by us so the way I see it we got more to loose from this."

"Are the allegations made true," Mrs Evans asked.

"Nothing said by that woman is true, its all lies," David angrily replied.

"Now aside from this issue, around 12 million dollars is unaccounted for in the Brokers project. An internal investigation willl be opened next week, files passed around contains information we've gathered so far, also included are the original blue prints of the Dames Headquarters, as you all know the special committee set up is to look into the fire incident that occurred last year will be presenting their findings later this month," Carlos said.

To prevent some of the board members asking more questions on the latter two issues he just mentioned he quickly proceed to close the meeting.

"Well that went well than expected," Lacey whispered to Drake as they proceed after Carlos and his father out of the room.

"Look at Bloomfield's face the prick is enjoying this, thank goodness Carlos talked down Max from selling his company shares," Drake said as he and Lacey watched the members walk out the room.