Chapter 7

"Do you think he'll really help," Tim asked as he tapped the pen in his hand on Carlos's business card.

"We don't know the man and he just doesn't seem right in the head to me."

Raising an eyebrow at what Dena just said Tim placed the card back in his grey leather jacket pocket. A feeling of content settled over him, as he saw Mary carry Clair out of the wheel chair, and sat her on the parks fountain's edge, while Dena struggled to get her hair out of her face, before mumbling something about she shouldn't have let her hair down, as a gush of wind blew through the park. Without warning, he pulled the rubber band Dena was about to tie her hair with, and took off running towards Mary and Clair.

"Tim, for goodness sake you're not a child," Dena shouted after him.

Hearing Tim's laughter at what she just said had her promising to strangle Tim's neck, once she got her hands on him.

"I'll do tonight's dishes," Tim said as he saw the threatening look, on Dena's face as she walked up straight to him, watching from the side Mary and Clair laughed, as Tim got down on one knee and began confessing his undying love for Dena.

"Not this time Tim," Dena said before she pulled Tim's left ear.

"Expect the divorce papers first thing tomorrow morning, I've had enough of this abusive treatment," Tim said as he leaned in favour of his left ear.

Letting go of his ear, Dena went and sat beside Clair as Tim rubbed his sore ear.

"I think uncle Tim always tried to get on you and Aunty Mary nerves," Clair said with a smile on her face.

"It's one of his many gifts."

"I'm going to miss this, us being together, especially Uncle Tim," Clair said with a cracked voice.

"Me too," Dena said as she hugged her and held onto Mary's hand as she looked at her.

"Okay people, enough with the girl's mushy stuff, now give way for me, Uncle Tim coming through."

Hearing Clair's chuckling voice, Dena mouthed a silent thank you to Tim as he helped Clair climbed onto his back.

"Any luck finding a job," Mary asked as she watched Tim and Clair made their way toward the ice cream truck.

"Nothing, hopefully the heavens will open and a job is sent our way, lord knows how much we need one."

Nodding her head in agreement, Mary opened the packet of Potatoes chips Tim gave her. Hearing her name being called, Dena looked toward the ice cream truck to see him waving her to go over.

"Whose kid is that," Dena asked when she saw a little boy, who looked to be about three years old, was standing beside Tim and playing with his keys.

"No idea, Clair saw him starring at the ice cream truck tires, he was about to touch the tires, when I quickly gave him my keys to distract him."

"Do you think, he's lost," Clair asked.

"We don't know yet sweetie but if he is, well find his parents," Dena said.

Well you're not homeless, Dena thought as she took in the little boy's appearance, he had on a pair of white and blue sneakers, a light blue stripe shirt and a pair of dark blue jean trousers. Lifting the kid up, Dena was glad he didn't make a fuss or cry, seeing as they've never met the kid before, she was quite surprised the kid wasn't afraid of them.

"Can we just pretend we never saw him and leave him here."

Looking at the shocked expression on Dena's face, Tim couldn't hold in his laughter anymore.