14

"What are you doing here?" We both said simultaneously.

"I was invited." Cook said and I nodded.

"Same," I started to say but then I realized that him and Freddie weren't on good terms a few weeks ago,"you and Freddie are good now?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Getting there." He stated.

I just nodded. I didn't know exactly what to say it's been weeks since I last spoke to him.

"Well I better get going." Cook said, and walked away.

I swallowed the huge lump in my throat and took a deep breath. I didn't notice my nails were digging into my skin until I had relaxed.

"You alright?" A deep voice asked.

I jumped, and then turned around to see who it was.

A tall dark skinned man around my age smiled at me. A few strands of his curly black hair fell on his face. He was dressed in a navy suit and his green eyes continued to stare at me.

"Yes," I breathed, "sorry about that,ha." I said my mouth feeling dry.

"Waiting on someone? Perhaps your boyfriend..." the man asked, but he said it as if he wanted me to say no.

"Uh no, I was just going to head in." I smiled and began to walk towards the party.

"Let me escort you , a pretty lady such as yourself shouldn't be left alone." He smiled, charmingly.

I nodded with a smile and he led me through the party.

He held my arm around his and I stopped walking once I had seen Pandora, Effy,Freddie,JJ and Cook seated at a table.

"My friends are right over there." I smiled at the man and he looked to see who they were.

"Latrell by the way." He smiled at me and my heart began to melt. It wasn't that I liked him it was just that he was so adorable.

"Amanda." I replied and he nodded. He escorted me towards the table all my friends had been sitting at.

As soon as I got to the table, Latrell by my side, I looked at Cook. His eyes wide and angry. He was looking at my arm, as Latrell's was wrapped around it.

I gave him an awkward smile and he ignored me. I took a seat beside him and Latrell said that he would be back.

"Already moved on." Cooks voice blazed with anger.

"No- I-" I was interrupted by him,"save it."

He shook his head and got up, walking outside.

And once again, I didn't go after him.

Cooks POV:

I fiddled in my suit pocket and pulled out a pack of cigs, I picked one and fiddled with it for awhile. Placing the rest of the cigs in my pocket I lit it up and put it to my lips.

How is it that I did everything that I was expected to do and I still ended up alone?

Why doesn't she love me? What was wrong with me.

My feelings were all over the place and I couldn't feel love or anger. It was a mix of both.

I didn't understand how someone who claimed to care for me so much could hurt me as they hated me.

I might be assuming but I'm to stubborn and hurt to go and talk to her at this moment. I need time to find my self and calm down.

Every time I see her my heart beats rapidly, but it breaks at the same time. I love her so much but she hurts me so much. I know it's not intentionally and I know none of what's happened is her fault, but for some reason my pride is taking over. I'm not sure whether to go back and claim what's mine or leave her alone.

At the same time I feel she like she loves me but at other times I can't help but feel like she doesn't love me. I'm so confused and because of this I'm so angry.

How can I explain to her how I feel when I don't understand it myself?

"Cook?" A soft voice called and I turned to see her.

I didn't know how to react so I stayed still, puffing the smoke out of my mouth and keeping my eyes on the sky.

"I'm sorry if I made you feel-" I interrupted.

"I don't need your apology." I said, I could feel my anger boiling but I don't know why.

"I didn't know, that night he wasn't supposed to be there and tonight I didn't mean it as it seemed." She explained and I looked at her.

"I know." I whispered.

I turned to her, grabbing her hand and then pulling up her chin.

"The problem is, your to good for me." I said and her eyes widened.

I let go of her, and off I went, anywhere to get rid of this feeling.

not edited

Not the greatest chapter sorry😭

Sorry for taking so long to update, have a good day loves😘