From Afar - Part 1 (Ledger)

A makes-you-feel-good imagine with Heath Ledger's Joker. ❤🤗 Gosh, I know this is supposed to make you feel good, but I'm going to be negative for a second. I watched The Dark Knight recently and it made me sad because I would have loved to see more of his Joker. RIP HEATH LEDGER. 😭😭

Request made by: uselessacoount
I hope everyone enjoys.

***************************
Y/N walked out of Gotham National Bank into the warm sun. They always kept it so cold inside the bank, that it tricked her mind into thinking it was winter, so she was relieved to feel the warmth once she stepped outside.

She looked out at the busy street as she took off her blazer, that had the bank's logo embroidered on the left breast pocket, and draped it over her arm. She reached into an inside pocket of the blazer and took out a cigarette and a lighter and she lit the cigarette as she absentmindedly walked down the bustling sidewalk. As she puffed on her cigarette, she looked around at the very familiar street vendors and shops, easily ignoring all of the calls for attention from people trying to sell things. That was something she had to get use to, living in a city like Gotham. At the end of the sidewalk, she was looking towards the beautiful Gotham Central Park that was directly across the street. She took the cigarette out of her mouth and flicked the ashes toward the ground as she watched individuals, couples and families meander through the park until she eyed a gentleman that was sitting at a lone bench.

He was sitting on the bench, facing her direction, with both feet planted firmly on the ground as he bent over a notebook that he propped on one of his knees. Since he was looking down at the notebook, his shaggy brown hair covered his face; however, he did occasionally look up from his notebook to look up at the bank. It was when he looked up, that she realized how familair he was. No, she didn't know him, but she had been seeing him around the bank for the last few weeks. Sometimes he just merely walked by the bank. Other times he would come out of one of the nearby alleyways. Then there were days like today, where he was posted on a bench and looked around while writing in his notebook. There was also something up with his face, but she could never make out what it was. Normally, she kept to herself and didn't go out of her way to talk to people, but something urged her to walk over to him. So she did.

Once the walk light turned green, she straightened her body and made confident steps to the other side of the street. When she made it, the man was just a few feet away from her on her left. So she turned left and walked, keeping her gaze away from the man. Not that he would notice, since he was looking down at his notebook again at this point. Once she passed the bench, plus a few extra steps, she stopped and faced herself towards the park again, trying to act like she was casually enjoying the view of the park. She flicked the ashes off her cigarette as she looked to the right, through the corner of her eyes and she could see him plainly. Now that she was closer, she could clearly see a terrible looking scar that started from the corner of his mouth and curved up to the middle of his cheek.

She turned her eyes away from him, now feeling a little nervous about what she was doing. Maybe this was a bad idea. Maybe she should just make her way back to the bank. Yes, that would probably be best. So, she turned her body to head back toward the crosswalk, but when her gaze went into the man's direction, he was staring up at her. His expression was blank, but he was definitely looking at her. She could see now that he had a scar on both sides of his mouth. God, they looked horrible.

She froze and stared back for a moment as she decided on what to do. She was; however, one of those people that usually spoke before she thought, so she blabbed out the first thing that came to her mind, "Are you casing the joint?" Her eyes flicked towards the bank and then back at him.

He raised an eyebrow at her as he closed his notebook slowly, but he didn't say anything. His dark eyes glaring into her.

Now thinking about what she actually said, her nervousness increased. She meant it as a joke, but what if he really was casing the bank? The guy did look a little crazy. Though his clothes were nice looking, they were definitely not typical. His pants where dark purple and he wore a light blue long-sleeve shirt, that had hexagonal patterns, with a green suit vest. She couldn't think of anyone else in Gotham that would wear all of those colors together. It was crazy. And honestly, the scars didn't help. She cursed herself mentally for being so judgemental.