Wax on Wax off

Jack's POV*

Today is training day with Eden. Sam and Dean are off on a case and we are alone in the bunker. 

"Ready kiddo?" Eden asked. I nodded, "Yes."

We sat in a boring training room. "Okay, Jackie... Now everyone is fuelled by something. One feeling or motivation is at its core. Fear, anger, joy, greed, anything really. Michael was fuelled by loyalty. Lucifer is fuelled by passion, which sometimes comes off as anger. My father is fuelled by pride. They are their most powerful when they are fighting with their core being." she said. "And what are you fulled by, Aunt Eden?" I asked her. She smiled at me, "Protection... I am my strongest when I am protecting myself, my world, or those I love." She said smiling. "Well, what's my core being?" I asked excited to know. "Sorry kiddo. Can't tell ya. You gotta figure it out yourself..." She smirked hoping of the table she was currently sitting on. "How?" I asked her. "You see that pencil?... Move it with your mind." 

I tried but couldn't do it. "It's not working," I said frustrated. "Well, that makes sense. Jackie your power isn't just raw power. it comes from your core. You can't control your powers without it. Find your core and you can do anything. Even move a pencil." She said sarcastically. "You're a good teacher," I told her. It was true. She is the wisest person I've ever met. "Well, I better be. I trained every single angel and Archangel ever created." She chuckled. "Focus Jack... find your core. move the pencil." and with that, she disappeared. well, this was gonna be a while. 

TIME SKIP>>>>>>>

I tried. Time and time again. I CAN'T MOVE THE PENCIL!!!

Maybe my core is evil. The only time I use my powers is when I'm doing bad things. I hurt people. I do bad things. My mom thought I was good but now she's dead. Dean knows the truth. I am evil. My core is evil. 

Tears fell down my face. "Aunt Eden... I know my core." She appeared in front of me. "Is that so?" She smirked. "I am evil," I said sadly. I hung my head in shame. But then I heard a laugh. I looked up to see Eden smiling and laughing. "Oh, Jackie... Give me your hand... I want to show you something." I gave her my hand and we were somewhere else. 

We were in a dark pit. The ground was covered in fire and blood. The air smelled of burning flesh and boiling blood. In the middle of the chaos stood a woman in a white dress. She was smiling and laughing. Her hands were covered in blood. "Aunt Eden... Who is that?" I asked. "Her name was Lilith... she was the first demon. Born of anger and pain. Lilith loves pain. She loves hurting people. She wants the world to burn for no reason but to hear the screams. Lilith's core was evil..." I looked back at the woman as she tortured and killed the burning people. Smiling and laughing the whole time. Then the scene went away and we were back at the bunker.

"No offense Jackie but you are no Lilith... you're core isn't evil. You know how I know?" She asked me. I shook my head. "Because when you looked at what she was doing you didn't smile... You know your past sins were just that... sins. You understand right and wrong. You feel terrible about what you have done. That means no matter what you have good in you. Jack your core isn't evil."  She smiled softly laying her hand on my face. 

"Then what is my core?" I asked. She smiled and disappeared once more.

TIME SKIP>>>>>>>>>

I threw the pencil across the room in frustration. 

Aunt Eden wants me to find my core. Why I do what I do. What gives me purpose. BUT I DON'T KNOW!

I stopped for a moment... Aunt Eden. 

I hurt people when I'm afraid. When I am protecting myself. I could open the gate for Asmodeus because he said God wanted me to save those men. I was protecting them. I stood up to Asmodeus when he was hurting my friends. I can only use my powers when I am protecting myself, my world, or the ones I love. 

Aunt Eden once said that I was like her... a little bit too much like her. She was right. 

My core is Protection. 

I smiled as I used my mind and sat the pencil back on the desk.

****WHAT'S YOUR CORE? I'M CURIOUS. COMMENT DOWN BELOW AND THX SOOOO MUCH FOR READING******