Prologue.

PRESENT DAY

"Up already? The sun hasn't even woken up yet." Harry let out a small sigh as he entered the large kitchen of his mother's home.

He flew to Miami a couple of days ago to visit his mother who he hasn't seen for quite a while. Anne visits Harry in LA often, but plane tickets were getting a bit pricey now that it's the summer holidays, so Harry decided to fly in to visit instead. So far, Anne has been enjoying his company since it was only her - and the dogs - living in the large Miami house.

"I think I'm gonna go out for a jog," Harry replied making his way towards the fridge. "Check out the neighborhood again." He grabbed a hold of the fridge handle, and pulled it open. The chilling air from inside the kitchen appliance sweeping past him.

"That's a good idea," Anne encouraged. "Would you like something to eat before you head out?" she asked pouring herself a cup of coffee. She was known for making sure everyone had a bite to eat before leaving the house. "I can make you some eggs and bacon before you go." Harry let out a small chuckle.

"I'll be fine, mom," he said reaching for a water bottle. He shut the fridge and made his way over to his mother. "And I don't think jogging with a full stomach works for me." He laughed, embracing the woman in a tight hug. "Remember the last time I came home after a jog?" A laugh escaped Anne's mouth at the memory.

"You made it three steps into the house before vomiting all over Ryde's bed," she finished glancing over at the Siberian Husky - that was once a puppy at the time - that laid sleepily near the kitchen window. Milo the small corgi accompanied the husky, laying it's head against edge of the dog bed.

"Maybe I could use your turkey sandwich after my jog, what do you think?" He suggested letting go of the hug. "I'd really enjoy that."

"Of course." Anne smiled. Harry made his way over to the kitchen entrance. "Could you greet Janet for me while on your jog? She lives a few houses down."

"Yeah sure. I'll see you in a bit."

Harry pulled on his running shoes, tying the laces in knots knowing that they would likely come undone during his run. He reached into his sweatpants pocket for his earphones, and plugged it into his phone. When he chose his "Jogging" playlist, he said one last goodbye to his mother before stepping out into Miami's morning heat.

A/N: Hello there friends! It's me Vanessa again. So this is my second story I've posted on here. I think this story will be a mini series of 2-3 chapters. If you didn't already know, this story is based on the song 18 by One Direction. Feel free to message me any criticism or questions.

Also, I don't even know if this prologue was useful to be honest, but whatever.