Chapter 2.

A/N: Thanks for reading, btw.

FLASHBACK CONTINUED

"So why the beach?" Camila asked as she sat in the passengers seat of Harry's Mercedes Benz. Harry sat in the drivers seat, buckling himself up. Camila did the same.

There wasn't really a specific reason as to why Harry wanted to take her to beach. He knew that she loved going there to watch the sunrise. Sitting on the ground; the feeling of digging her feet into the warm sand. Hearing the waves crash into the shore every so often. Something so simple, made her so happy.

It was indeed his goal after all; to make her happy again.

"You get so happy when you're at the beach," Harry began. He got the car running and began driving towards the direction of the beach. "Even though we won't be able to watch the sunrise, we could watch the waves crash into the shore. That sounds like fun, huh?" He suggested, giving her a quick glance before looking back at the road.

"I do agree, that sounds really fun," she replied laughing slightly. "Maybe even jam out to some Ed Sheeran or even Taylor Swift with good ol' Jerry." Camila lifted her hand and used her thumb to point towards the backseat. A light-colored Taylor guitar sat across the backseat.

Harry always had his guitar in his car. He named it after his music instructor in middle school. He looked up to Jerry at the time. He inspired Harry to start playing the guitar. He purchased his first guitar at the age of fifteen and has never purchased another guitar since. Although the instrument looked beaten and almost to the point of breaking, Harry has been looking after it like it was his baby.

"Perfect idea."

Once they arrived at the beach, they set out for the small cliff that looked over the ocean. This was where they would watch the sunrise. Camila sat herself on the edge of the cliff. She removed her shoes and set them next to her, letting her bare feet swing freely in the air. Harry followed, sitting next to her with Jerry hung across his back.

"So what song shall I play for the lovely lady next to me?" He asked, adjusting the guitar so that it laid comfortably on his lap. Camila shrugged as she looked down at the families enjoying themselves.

"Hmm.. Surprise me," she answered looking over at him.

A smirk appeared on Harry's face. He positioned his fingers on the guitar to make a certain chord and began to strum to the tune of the song. He looked up at Camila with a smile. Her face lit up at the sound of the familiar tune.

"We took a chance," they both sang. The second verse was their favorite part of the song. "God knows we tried." Harry gestured Camila to sing the next part.

"Yet all along," she sang beautifully, "I knew we'd be fine." She glanced up at Harry, flashing him a smile.

"So pour me a drink, oh love," he sang rocking himself back and forth to the tune of the song. Camila chuckled slightly. "Let's split the night wide open."

"And we'll see everything we can. Living love in slow motion, motion, motion," Camila finished.

"So kiss me where I lay down," Harry sang as he made eye contact with Camila. "My hands pressed to your cheeks." He paused dramatically then continued to strum to the song. "A long way from the playground."

"I have loved you since we were eighteen," they both sang in harmony. "Long before we both thought the same thing... To be loved and to be in love."