Daikia

Warning: Transphobia

"Daikia? Is that you?"

I stiffen at the name. My dead name.

"Omg it is Koharu!"

I turn my head slightly to look at the people who are saying the name and I immediately regret it.

Three girls are walking next to each other and I recognize all of them. Ari stands on the right with short orange hair. Rin stands to the left with her purple hair in a pigtails. And finally Yui stands in the middle with long blonde hair, she was the one who told the School I wanted to be a boy. All three of them were the popular girls at school and loved to make fun of me.

Yui catches my eyes and runs over. I curse quickly under my breath and sit up.

"It's been forever Daikia! How have you been?" Yui starts chating up a storm as if we were long lost, best friends.

I shift awkwardly, "I don't know who Daikia is. I'm sorry."

Rin starts laughing as if I just cracked the best joke, "Stop joking around! We know that's you."

Shinso sits up straighter, "You're wrong this is Denki, now if you don't mind please leave us alone."

Ari's eyes widen, "OMG! You guys are soooo dating! What school do you guys go to!?"

I feel my cheeks heat up. "We aren't dating." I mumble.

"Don't joke around!" Yui cries out.

"I said leave us alone." Shinso glares at them.

"Oh! You are that kid who has the villain quirk! You guys go to UA! I knew I recognized you!" Yui continues.

Shinso winces at her wording. I feel anger fill me. "Please leave."

Ari groans, "Fine."

"Call you later, Daikia!" Rin says as she stands up.

The all stand and turn the corner waving goodbye. An addible sigh passes through my lips.

"Who were those three?"

I look over at Shinso who's eyes haven't left the corner they disappeared from.

I shift my position a little, "No idea."

He turns to face me. His eyes are intense and on fire. I feel myself shrink. "Don't lie. You clearly knew them. You cursed when they walked over and you relaxed when they left. Don't make me ask again."

I gulp and look down at the ground.

"You were the one who wanted to be my friend. Fine. Be like that." He started to stand up.

"Wait!" I grab his wrist and he freezes. "They use to go to my old school."

Shinso sat back down looking at me expectantly. I lowered my head.

"They loved to torment me. They were the popular kids at school so everyone loved them. Everyone believed anything they said and they said a lot. They made everyone hate me. Everyone would make fun of me. I was in a lot of fights." I quickly made eye contact, "I didn't start any! I just, I just would be slammed against lockers by large groups of kids and no one had my back. I never used my quirk to fight back so almost everyday I went home bruised. They ended up spreading a rumor that got back to my parents. I got in a lot of trouble and was moved from that private school to a public school."

Shinso stares at me unreadable. Finally he speaks, "Denki I am so sorry. Is it okay for me to ask you one more question?"

I nod as I reply, "Sure, but no need to say sorry. It wasn't you're fault."

He looks at me for a second before asking his question, "Why are they calling you Daikia? Isn't that a girls name?"

I tensed at the mention of my dead name. "It is. They just used that name to torment me more."

He nodded clearly not convinced but he let it go.

I started to lay on his shoulder when a car pulled up.

"Get in the car, you are all going back to the dorms." Mr. Aizawa called out. People started to file in but right before I got in Shinso grabbed my arm.

"Can you save me a seat next to you, friend?" He had a light blush across his cheeks.

I smiled back, "Of course. Friend." And climbed in to do just that.

Thank you for reading!
Please like and comment if you liked it!

I am BAD at spelling and grammar so if you see a mistake please comment and I will try to fix it.

In the next chapter I am going to try something new and switch perspectives mid chapter. I hope y'all liked it

Meowz~