Chapter 10 Goodbye camp Riverdale

It was the day before camp ended. And the campers were playing one last mini game. They were doing the 3 legged race. The pairs were lined up at the start. Before the race started, Tommy pointed two fingers at his eyes then at Oliver and Diggle. Oh Tommy, can you stop being so competitive? Nora implied. Yeah, we're not at school playing a basketball game. This is just for fun. Ava added.

The race began, and Tommy and Rene were in the lead. Dinah and Nyssa tripped and fell, making Mon el and Kara pass them. Cisco and Ralph managed to pass Jax and Ronnie as Roy and Thea fell. Mari and Lena were behind but managed to catch up and pass Caitlin and Felicity. They were halfway to the finish line, when Barry and Iris had caught up to Tommy and Rene. It was neck to neck when they got to the finish line. And the winner is.... Barry and Iris! Counselor Kent announced after they crossed the line. The campers clapped and cheered for them, as Barry scooped Iris up and cradled her in his arms.

Dude, you got beaten by a girl man. Roy mocked Tommy during lunch, as the other boys laughed.

After lunch, Barry and Iris were sitting on the dock overlooking the lake. I'm really gonna miss it here. Sighed Iris. Yeah, this place is shway. But there's always next year, right? Barry said as Iris placed her head on his shoulder. There was silence as they watched the lake. There was no one in the lake. The campers were either at the game center, arts and crafts, or playing a game. Hey, I got something for you. Barry said as he broke the silence. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a necklace. Barry It's beautiful, Iris breathed as she admired it. I made it at arts and crafts earlier today. Barry recounted, as Iris looked at the heart that had their initials engraved on it. I love it, thank you. Iris kissed him after he had helped her put it on.

It was the next day, and camp was officially over. Parents had came to pick up their kids. Bye, see you guys at school next week. Sara and Laurel hugged their friends before getting in their dad's car. Barry and Iris were still hugging and kissing in the parking lot, when Joe pulled up. See you around, wolf. Iris smiled before helping her brother with the bags. Barry Smiled at the sound of that nickname. He loved it when she called him that.

Soon, everyone had left and it was almost time to go back to school.

Everyone had a great time at camp Riverdale and they all promised to come back next summer.

Thanks for reading my book/story. I hope you liked it. ❤👍