Dust into Gold

It was late at night as I reminisce it all. I was cuddled close to Jamie but I just couldn't sleep with all these thoughts in my head. There is a very slim chance that all of us are coming out of this alive. I don't want that for any of here guys and I surely don't want that for our parents. They have put so much at stake for us to be safe. I just hope this plan works out so everything can go back to normal.

It's been about three days since our parents dropped us off at the safe house. Jamie and I have made ourselves at home and decided it was best if we shared a room. Chantelle and Shawn are sharping a room and Ella is by herself.

Charolette and Brad came by yesterday and told us that their isn't anything suspicious at school and that they will be staying with us this coming Monday, it was Saturday now.

I inhale Jamie's sweet sent and relax a little to his calming aura. I place my head on the crook of his neck and keep breathing in his intoxicating scent. I slowly rub circles on his abdomen, making him squirm. I hold him tightly, never wanting to let go. "Mike, I'm trying to sleep", I hear Jamie rasp out. "Well I can't so, we have to go through my restlessness together", I whispered to him. He flipped over so we where facing each other, sighing. "Alright then, why can't you sleep?" He asks as he wrapped his small arms around me. "Well, its very hard to relax while all of this is happening, you know? There could be someone wanting to kill you outside of your window and you wouldn't know! Then there is the fact that I am putting everyone I love in danger because of my sexuality!" I whisper yelled. "Mike, you didn't put anyone in danger. This was a fight that isn't yours but it was made yours by those people! This was your grandma's fight but we are fighting back because we have something that they can only imagine! Love! Did you know that most homophobes end up gay, bisexual, or queer? Love is fucking love and they can't tell us that it isn't!  We may be in danger but we are strong, a little scared, but still strong", he whispered back.

I love this guy more than he can imagine

.........

Monday had come pretty quickly and Mr. McAllen walked in with Charolette and Brad by his side with a new face too. He was quite short, like 5'2, he had wavy light brown hair that had a middle part. His eyes had monolids, he was relatively pale and had a small nose. He seemed to be really close to Mr. McAllen because he never left his side. "Good morning everyone, Brad and Charolette, you can go get settled upstairs", Mr. McAllen commanded but Brad seemed hesitant to leave the young boy's side. He saw e give him a quizzical glance and walked relatively fast. "For the rest of you, this is my son, Kevin. He will be staying with you here too. He has his reasons but he is really shy but, he will open up to you guys soon", he said, smiling down to him. "Kevin! Come on! We are sharing a room right?" Charolette yelled from upstairs. He looked at his dad and shuffled his was towards the stairs, "It was nice to see everyone, bye dad", he softly spoke.

Mr. McAllen smiles at us before heading off to do who knows what. Jamie smiles at me before going into the kitchen and prepared a large breakfast for the seven of us. "Can you go wake up Chan, Shawn, and Ella? Just to keep you safe from her, he sleeps on her face so just wack her neck and run for your life", he said as he started putting the plates out. I just nodded and ran up the stairs to my siblings room. I open the door and shake Chan awake and drag my brother from his bed. After I awoke them I headed for Ella's room. Since she insisted on sleeping by herself, and if she wakes up in a shitty mood after this, the only person she will want to attack is me. I walk up to her bed and give her neck a quick wack before sprinting out of the door.

"What the hell!", she yells as she darts out her room. I thankfully made it to the table before I was attacked and sat down next to Jamie. "Who the h— ooh! FOOD!" She yells before polopping herself down on a chair at the table and started gulping down the eggs and bacon. I started to laugh and Jamie just say there eating his food. "I guess this is going to be our life for now", I tell Jamie who just giggles. "I'm glad that mom isn't here because I can say that this breakfast is better than hers", Shawn mumbles as he savors his food. I roll my eyes and I open my mouth to talk but before I could the door opened. I quickly stood up and walked towards the door, everyone was dead silent as I walked closer. I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding when I heard a familiar voice, "Why are you guys so quiet? It's just me? fucking weirdos", he said. Connor.

"Dude! How the hell did you get in here?" I said as I dapped him up. "Mr. McAllen let me in", he said as he smiled.

After Conner left his bag somewhere upstairs, all eight of us sat at the table and chatted and I felt like it was the right time to do this. I calmed everyone down and began. "Since we are going to be living like this for a while, we have to build our trust and relationships so we can be stronger against you know who. I want to start off by saying I am sorry Charolette ollete for rejecting you so much. I was still closeted and in love with Jamie. I hope you understand", I say. "And I am sorry for being so pushy. No means no and I have to understand that. And Jamie, I'm sorry for when I called you names in middle school. It was not cool and I know now that having a heart is superior to popularity. And for the record, I was never really homophobic. I just was pressured into it", she said to him. "It's okay, everyone matures somehow", Jamie giggles. "I...I just wanted to say that I am sorry for being such a douche to all of you. No one ever deserved it and as you guys said, heart is superior to being cool and popular. I also want to apologize to you and Jamie. I was just jealous of how your parents except you for who you are and that you can be free. I come from a place that basically pressures me into toxic masculinity and homophobia and you don't know how sorry I am", he finished. "It's okay, we all learn from mistakes and regrets and I know it's hard living in a lie about yourself, but it takes time and trust for everything to come into line." I say.

"We may not be the closest with each other but you can make dust into gold ",

A/N: Thank you so much for reading! I have so many Ideas for this book and I hoped you enjoyed this chapter!

💐Norma💐