1 | don't you worry child

Mulai dari awal

"I was trying to create a mind-reading potion," he began. "But I must've gotten the ingredient proportions wrong because one second I'm shaking the vial . . ." he muttered, as he started walking around the living room.

I tuned him out as I rummaged through the fridge in search of more food to eat.

" - and then in the next there's a flash!"

I found a jar of pickles in the very back and quickly began munching on one.

"And then suddenly I look like . . . like a . . ." He turned to look at me and gasped.

"Like a pickle!" he cried, as I stood there with a half-eaten pickle in my hand.

I took another bite.

"Don't you dare eat me!" yelled Uncle Eddie as he swiftly removed the pickle from my hand. "I think I just need to add more donkey foot," he mused, finishing off the pickle.

I never knew how or where he got his supplies from. Whenever I'd ask, it resulted in him going on a tangent about his disguise, old connection, various spells, secret passwords, and an ogre every now and then. After a while, I stopped trying to figure it out.

"A mind-reading potion?" I was intrigued. "That would come in really handy, Twix. If you need any help let me know."

I went up to my room. It wasn't much. A queen-sized bed was pushed to one corner, with an old, wooden desk in another. The walls were painted a light shade of yellow that had long lost its beauty, having been dulled by cracks, dust, and smudges. Clothes were scattered about everywhere.

I quickly changed my clothes and went to the bathroom. My eyes had been acting up lately, indicating I needed to change my contacts. Reaching up, I popped the lens out and threw them in the garbage.

My vision instantly sharpened. I looked in the mirror to see two dark blue eyes staring back at me. Just like my father's. It was a blessing and a curse. I hated the constant reminder of him; that he was no longer here, but I was thankful to forever have a piece of him with me.

 I hated the constant reminder of him; that he was no longer here, but I was thankful to forever have a piece of him with me

Blinking away, I placed a new pair in, replacing the blue with brown.

I checked the time. 5:24pm.

Shit, I thought. I had only six minutes to get ready and get to the kitchen before Mrs. Watson gave me hell for being late again.

"Eddie, I've got to go!" I called, spraying myself with a scent-masking perfume.

If anyone got a whiff of me, my secret would be out. My scent was a dead giveaway that my wolf was of high rank, so Uncle Eddie designed the spray specially for me. He also made one for himself so that he could smell like a werewolf.

"Wait!" he cried, running out of his workshop. Or, as I liked to call it, his layer. "Take these." He shoved two vials into my hand.

"One is for creating a blinding fog," he gestured to the one on the right. "And the other one is basically an explosive."