🌸Cherry blossoms🌸

Mayukase
𝙷𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢
𝙱𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝙵𝚞𝚔𝚊𝚜𝚎!
1/28/21
🌸🍒🌸🍒🌸

"I'll admit it, I don't always act this way. It's just..I don't know, I've been feeling a lot different lately."

"Different? In what way?"

"Ollie, how have you not noticed?!"

"You know I'm not very observant!"

He blushed as his friends began to argue. He'd never been this open with them. He'd called them all to come to school early so that he could finally tell them about the feelings he'd been harboring. They all sat in the center of the empty classroom, making a ruckus. The only people he knew suspected him were Miku, and maybe even the person herself.
Miku and Oliver continued to quarrel, while Flower stood beside him, contemplating.

"I really don't know how I didn't realize it before.." she rubbed her chin, deep in thought.
"Eh? What do you mean?" He tugged at the hem of his skirt nervously.
Flower shifted on top of the desk, slowly lowering her gaze to meet his.
"Nothing, just...youve always acted differently towards her. I tried not to assume you...you know."
He blushed deeper. This was so unlike him...to have feelings for someone?! That was unheard of.
Miku slammed her hand on the desk.
"Then just tell her! Today is the perfect day, it'd be so romantic!"
Oliver waved his arms frantically. "TELL WHO WHAT?!"
Piko shushed him.
"People are gonna ask us to leave if we keep the volume up, you know.."
  Yukari laugher. "Don't worry Fukase, we'll help you!"
"Alright, then it's settled!" Miku squealed. "Operation help Fukase from being an emotionally unavailable coward and to confess his feelings to Mayu!"
They all laughed, and ended their meeting right at the bell rang.
𑁍

After the first two periods, class let out for morning break. Most of the students gathered in the courtyard to eat breakfast and study.
Fukase as his group were in a shaded area, discussing their first initiative, and being drowned by the falling cherry blossoms.
"First of all fukase, you've gotta act confident! Girls dig that!" Oliver said, pacing in front of the gang as though he were in charge.
Miku rolled her eyes. "But not too confident! Don't talk about yourself too much!"
Piko chimed in. "Yes, but be sure to make conversation, and eye contact!"
Fukase sighed.
This felt so impossible.
"Yeah, but confidence is way more important than eye contact!" Oliver scolded.
"I beg your pardon?"
The three began arguing, oblivious to Fukase standing on his shaky legs, getting ready to approach the target.
Mayu was on the other side of the courtyard, reading peacefully.
He gulped. With each step he took, he felt his heartbeat increase. She felt closer, and closer, and closer...
It wasn't like she was a stranger to him, they'd been pals for a year or two. But now she felt so foreign, because he longed to know more about her.
Once he'd gotten there, his voice was cracky.
"Um,h-hey mayu!" He said.
She looked up and smiled brightly.
"Hello! How are you?"
Confidence right?
"I'm actually doing amazing. Just uh..just aced a test!" He lied. He'd made a B at best, and even that was pushing it.
"Ah, that's great!"
Her smile made him nervous.
I shouldn't talk about myself.
"Oh, so uh, ...a-aced any tests lately?"
"Oh, um.."
She's getting ready to speak. Eye contact, eye contact!"
"I'm actually suppose to studying right now, but I'm just fixated on this book. It's about-um...why are you glaring at me like that?"
"Ah!" He gasped.
Maybe too much eye contact?
"Well, you see, um-.."
Ring ring!
"Ah, that's the bell! Talk to you later."
She hurriedly backed up and headed to class.
Mission failed.
𑁍

Soon after, lunch time rolled around. Fukase sat with his gang again.
"I know, I know! You should share your lunch with her!" Oliver suggested.
"Eh? Wouldn't that be something that couples do? That's a bit too straight forward." Yukari replied.
"Maybe a letter?" Miku suggested.
"What would he write? He's not really the poetic type.." Piko went on.
Fukase felt a newfound passion burning in him. Sitting in class knowing he'd have the chance to tell her soon motivated him. He didn't want this fire to burn out.
He got up quietly, this time his friend noticing, and slowly made his way to Mayu. He knew she preferred to eat alone, so at least that made things easier.
He walked over to her. She was eating fruit and reading.
"H-hi again, Mayu.." he said, feeling a little more steady this time.
She was a bit startled, but smiled.
"Hello, Fukase! What's up?"
Why is she acting so cute...my heart can't handle it!
"Hey Um, I need to ask you something.."
"Yes? What is it?"
He opened his mouth to speak, but his cheeks burning threw him off.
Come one, get it together...just ask her!
"I—uh." He was beginning to panic.
"Yes?.."
"I—what kind of fruit is that?" He blurted out. A few kids from other tables turned to look at him. His cheeks burned more.
"Oh, um, papaya. Would you like to try some?"
"No, that's okay...."
𑁍

It was the end of the day now. Fukase was beginning to lose hope. He was with his gang, in the hallway of the school sitting and waiting. The afternoon glow cast a nostalgic shadow on the bunch.
"Maybe today wasn't a good day. Maybe I jinxed it.." Miku sighed, feeling just as defeated as Fukase did.
"It's okay...at least he tried." Oliver sighed along with her.
Fukase looked out of the windows of the entrance. The beautiful cherry blossoms.
Almost as beautiful as her.
The beautiful afternoon sunlight.
Her beaming personality.
A strength and confidence filled Fukase like never before. He jumped to his feet.
"Where would Mayu be at this time?"
Yukari, who knew Mayu the best, spoke up.
"She'd just be finishing poetry club! They meet up in abrupt places, but most of the time in Class 1-B upstairs! Oh shoot, they're probably getting ready to leave." Yukari shot up, "but it's not too late!"
The rest jumped with him, Vflower looking the most eager and serious.
"Then come on!"
They all ran upstairs to the class, but found it empty. They came to a halt and skidded down the other side of the hallway, going back down the stairs. They were going so fast; they had no time to waste.
"Where else could she be?" Fukase yelled, panting.
"The auditorium! Let's go go go!"
They all began to laugh a little as they ran. This was exhilarating. They ran back down the entrance hallway, down the classroom hallway, and through the auditorium doors. It was empty.
"Nooo!" Oliver squealed.
"Come on, come on! Maybe she's in her home room!" Yukari took the lead. They ran back out to the entrance hallway.
Fukase's heart skipped a beat, while the rest were running, he stopped in the middle of the entrance hallway. Out the window there she was, turning away from the school on her way to leave.
Without hesitation, he ran out of the doors. Vflower followed after him. Mayu conveniently stopped to pet a cat, under one of the cherry blossom trees.
Vflower stopped him before he approached.
"Hey, Fukase." she whispered.
"Yeah?"
"Just try and be yourself." She have him a half smile.
He smiled back, and nod.
Here goes nothing.
He calmly approached Mayu under the tree. She looked up from the cat.
"Ah, fate has seemed to bring us together again today!" She laughed.
She has cherry blossoms in her hair. Her beauty amazes me...
Fukase gulped.
"Mayu, there's something I've been meaning to tell you all day."
"Yes?" She replied, softly. She was so patient with him. He was so grateful towards her..
"U-uhm. I just wanted to tell you that.." he paused for a moment.
He reached and grasped her hands, rubbing them gently with his thumbs as he spoke.
" I have feelings towards you, Mayu. I have for a while and i just..wanted to tell you."
He looked down at her hands, blushing tremendously.
Mayu removed her hands from his. He bit his lip.
I should've known.
Before he could say anything else, he felt a sudden embrace. Mayu wrapped her arms around him, gently placing her head on his chest, under his chin.
"Oh Fukase. Is that all you wanted to say? You should've spit it out sooner." She squeezed him tighter. "I have feelings for you too." She said, dreamily.
He slowly wrapped his arms around her too. He heard laughing from behind him. He glanced to see all of his friends ecstatic, jumping up and down and whistling.
Fukase smiled and blushed as he held Mayu, drowning in the cherry blossoms with her.
𑁍
𑁍
𑁍