Chapter 25 - Clear Headed

25

Clear Headed

“You can take my room for the night. All of your things are in there but if you need anything just call me. I’ll be right down the hall in the spare bedroom.” I help Harry into my room and without warning he strips of his pants and shirt only to be left in his boxers. I blush (shocker). “Okay.” He smiles crawling under my sheets. “Goodnight Harry.”

“Goodnight darling.”

Harry’s Point of View:

I’m a little disappointed she didn’t stay in here with me but then again we are new to this whole relationship thing. I mean I haven’t had a girlfriend since before I went blind, and I know Ava hasn’t dated anyone in a while. She probably just got nervous and opted for the spare bedroom. I mean it’s not like we have to start sleeping with each other or start having sex or anything yet. Shit sex. I haven’t had sex with anyone since… well I did think about getting a hooker that one time…and there was that girl at my mate’s party about a year ago… Okay. I haven’t had sex with someone I have actually cared about since my girlfriend in high school.

I lay in Ava’s bed contemplating my sex life until I hear the door creek open. I sit up, even though I can’t see anything. “Harry?” Ava’s voice is small and I relax a little resting on my elbows. I don’t even need to ask. I know what she wants.

Ava’s Point of View:

“Come here.” He exhales and I hold my sleeve covered hands close as I make my way over to my bed. I crawl under the covers and he pulls me in close. “What provoked you to come back?” He asks.

“I honestly don’t know.” I don’t. I got to the spare room and thought for a minute. Then I realized I was crazy for leaving him and next thing I know I was at the door, calling his name. It rolled so effortlessly off my tongue and I loved the way it tasted.

“Well, I’m glad you came back.”

“Me too.”

I woke to Harry tucking some stray hairs of mine behind my ear. He was lying on his back with one arm around me rubbing circles into my back through my sweatshirt while his other arm extended over him as he fidgeted with my hair. My face was pressed up against his chest as I curled my body up to his. I felt so safe, so comfortable, so at home.

I inhaled a sharp breath and stretched a little as I looked up at him. “I love you.” He hums.

“What?” I look up in confusion. Did he just-

“I love you Ava.” He repeats. I am speechless. “I know this may seem a little soon but if I held it in any longer I would have gone mad. I don’t want to be just some guy Ava, I want to be able to have you and I want you to have me. I want to be able to kiss you wherever and whenever I want. And I want to love you.”

“Harry-”

“But you don’t have to say it back. I just needed to tell you before it ate me up inside. I don’t expect you to say it back. I can wait. When you are ready you can-”

“I love you too.” I smile. I do. I do love him. I’ve known that for a while now but like him, I haven’t said anything about it.

Seconds later I was taken into arms and kissing him. He held me close as he shifted his body over mine. “Harry.” I said between kisses, “You. Need. To. Take. Your. Pill.”

“No.” He mumbled into my skin as he kissed my neck. “I want to be clear headed for this.”