Chapter 11 - You Are Perfect

11

You Are Perfect

“Well good night kids. We will see you in the morning. Are pancakes for breakfast okay?” Joanne asks.

“Yeah mom they are fine.” Gemma says.

“Okay. Pancakes it is then. Maybe we could all go down to the lake tomorrow. I hear it supposed to be a pretty hot day tomorrow even though it is the middle of fall.”

“Yeah sounds good.” Will says flipping through the channels on the TV.

“Okay good night kids. Love you all.”

“Night.” We all say in unison.

We sit in silence for a while just watching TV (Harry obviously just listening to the TV), before Harry leans in to whisper in my ear, “Do you want to go swimming?”

“Right now?”

He nods.

“Okay.”

“Alright. Meet me in my room when you are ready.”

“Okay.” I chuckle.

Harry and I walk down one of the many hallways together but split up when we reach our own rooms. Harry managed to get me my own room and I am thankful. I like him and all but we have only known each other for a little over a week. I stalk into the guest room and begin to rummage through my suitcase. I pull out my cobalt blue bikini and tie my short curly hair up into a ponytail before slipping it on. Only after I get the bottoms on I realize that I need someone to tie the bikini’s top for me. I hold the two strings together in the back with one hand as I make my way down the hall to Harry’s room. “Harry?” I knock before cracking the door open again. “Come in.”

I do as told and shut the door behind me. His room is full of trophies and posters and I come to a conclusion that this was his old room. “I’m going to ask you a serious question, so don’t laugh.” Harry warns.

“What?”

“Are my swimming shorts on correctly?”

I laugh anyway. “Yeah, you’re good to go.”

“Thank god. That would have been embarrassing.”

“Can I ask you a serious question?” I bite my lip.

“Shoot.” He smiles setting the two towels he had in his hands down on the bed.

“Could you, um, tie the back of my swimsuit?”

“Yeah.” He smirks. “Come here.”

I walk over to Harry and stand in front of him but face away from him so my back is only a foot or so away from his chest. “Okay.” I say under my breath.

“Okay.” He sighs but I can tell his voice is a little shaky. Is he nervous? I flinch as his warm hands come in contact with my bare shoulders causing goosebumps to appear on my skin. “Sorry.” He mumbles. “No, it’s fine.” I say. I feel his hands slowly glide down my shoulder blades, down my back until he finds my hand still holding the two strings together. He takes them out of my grip and I drop my arm and let it relax. “Is this tight enough?” He asks.

“Umm, actually if you could tighten it a little tighter-”

“Like this?”

“Yeah that’s great. Thank you.” He finishes tying them and then grabs both towels handing one over to me before he grabs his white cane, pressing the button and extending it. “The pool is just out the French doors. You can get to it from the kitchen porch, my room, Gemma’s room, and my parents’ room.”

“Fancy.” I tease.

We made our way out to the pool and I set our towels and Harry’s cane on one of the lawn chairs while Harry waited near the steps leading into the pool. It would have been completely pitch black outside if it wasn’t for the lights in the pool and on the side of the pool. You could see the steam rise up from the water and bounce off the lights making it look more promising since I was getting pretty cold just by standing outside.

“Hey Ava?” Harry said as I made my way back over to him.

“Yeah?”

“Could you set this with the towels too?” He asks as he begins to peel his black t-shirt off of his body. When he hands it to me I take it but I can’t help but stare for a moment. His perfectly toned chest practically shined against the pool lights. And instead of walking the shirt over to the towels I decided to throw it and to my luck, it landed right on top of them in the lawn chair. “Okay.” I sighed looking back at him. He had many tattoos scattered everywhere and at that moment all I wanted to do was count them.

“Did you get all these tattoos before you went blind?”

“Yes and no, some are more recent.”

“You still get tattoos even though you can’t see them?”

“Yep.” He smiles.

“How?”

“Trust. And I also bring Gemma or Will along with me to make sure I’m not getting fucked with and to make sure they are good.”

“Vous êtes fou.” I laugh but it seizes when I realize I just mixed up my English with my French. I never do that. Only my mom does that. A large smirk spreads across Harry’s face. “Sorry. I meant to say that in English but it came out in French.”

“Ava you are perfect.” He chuckles to himself and I blush. “What were you trying to say?” He asks.

“I said, you are insane.”

“Ah, which is true.” He teases.