XXXI. All the good times

Start from the beginning

   "Okay, i will, I promise." I smile, she is being so cool about this... is she on something. Alaric walks out and i smile, leaving them alone, walking back into the kitchen. 

    "We haven't met yet, Mason Lockwood." He introduces, shaking Damon's hand. 

    "Oh, yeah. Sure. Damon Salvatore." Damon says with a fake smile as i walk over to him, Damon wrapping an arm around me. 

   "I know, you're dating my nephew's ex." He smiles, looking down to me, i give him a small smile, looking away, "I've heard great things about you." 

    Damon laughs slightly, looking down at me, "Really? That's weird, cause I'm a dick." I choke on my laughter, looking away. 

________________

   I walk outside on the porch, frowning when i see Elena sitting there with Caroline, "Oh, my god. There you are!" Caroline beams, getting up and running over to me, hugging me, "I've been trying to call you, how come you haven't answered." 

    I look down to Elena who's looking away from me. Caroline's mouth forms an O and i nod, "I've been busy, sorry." 

    "Well... come sit. We need to catch up." She smiles, pulling me over to them and sitting me in the chair next to them. Caroline picks up her bowl of chips, stuffing them in her mouth, "You know i cannot stop eating, Stefan says it's a good way to mask the cravings. You know, fighting the urge for blood every minute of every day." She laughs. 

    "I know, Stefan really hates that part of himself." Elena nods, I fight the urge to roll my eyes, looking over the lawn. 

    "Well, yeah. And he hated that you're a constant temptation." My eyes widen at Caroline's words and smirk slightly. 

    "He said that?" Elena frowns.

Caroline hums, nodding, "The desire to rip your jugular every time he's with you? Trust me, it's there. That's why i had to break up with Matt." I frown, putting a hand on Caroline's shoulder. 

    "Hey, the food's ready. Come get it." Alaric calls out, walking outside. 

   "Finally, I'm starving. Come on, Alina." She smiles, taking my hand as we walk inside. "So how are you and Damon?" She beams. 

    "Actually, we're doing great. Elena and i, not so much." I sigh. 

    "I know, she told me about your guy's fight last night, and honestly, she's in the wrong." Caroline states, "I mean, can't she just be happy for you?" I nod along with her, "I just hope you two make up soon."

   We walk into the kitchen and suddenly Mason's beside me. I tense a little and he smiles, "How come you and Tyler broke up?" He asks. I look over to him and tilt my head. 

    "My sister needed me." I grit out. 

"There has to be more, he's obviously still into you, he said you moved on, he hasn't. But you're with Damon? Isn't he a little old for you?" He asks i frown slightly not looking at Mason. I've never really liked Mason, he always gave me a weird vibe.

    "Tyler cheated on me. Can we drop it now?" I ask, shifting awkwardly. Damon sees me from across the room and an angry expression takes over his face, he walks over to me, wrapping an arm around me. 

    "Here, let me get that. I have seat saved for you." He says, pulling me away from Mason, "What happened?' 

    "I want Mason Lockwood gone." I tell him quietly. 

"That's all i need to know." He smirks. 

______________________________

   "Dress! Ballerina!" Jenna calls out, trying to guess what Damon was drawing.