Chapter Five

Nova's Pov
We spent the day shopping at a mall. I tried Starbucks for the first time. Justin told me it was ice coffee but I swear, it was the heavens in a cup. Both of our arms ended up filled with bags of shoes and clothes. He insisted on holding more bags and every time I asked to grab a few from him he would say he's alright but I could tell he was struggling a bit.

We put the bags in the back once we got to the car. After he hopped in, he started to rub his inked arms.
"What's wrong?" I asked. Of course, I was concerned, this is the person who's helping me. I grabbed his arms and saw red marks from the bags he was holding earlier.

I snickered a bit, rubbing them, "You should've let me hold some." I said, smiling. "Well, my mother has always told me to hold a female's bags. So, it became a habit even when it hurts." He explained as he slowly pulled his hands back to start the car.

"Oh, where to next?" I asked, changing the subject. He seemed to look a little down after speaking about his mother. "Oh, yeah, we have to go see a friend of mines. We have to get you into the government systems and she can definitely help us with that." He responded, focusing on the road.

We pulled into an empty parking lot near an abandoned warehouse. I can't lie, I got kinda nervous. What if this is like a place to get rid of me? "Nova I'm not gonna kill you, lets go!" He said, reassuring me. I guess he noticed how worried I was.

He hopped out the car and I got out the car following closely behind him. Once we got to the entrance he banged on the door in a short rhythmic pattern and a huge tattooed man opened the door. He smiled realizing who it was, "JUSTIN!!" his voice boomed. I jumped a little as he grabbed him into a hug.

I watched shyly as Justin chuckled, "Hey Joe, how you been man?" He smiled as the man let him go. "I've been great man. Fuck, it's been long. What are you doing here and.. with a new girl... Ryleigh is gonna be mad." He said as he looked me up and down, letting us in.

Everyone stared us down as he leads us to this random dirty looking sofa. I sat down slowly, watching as everyone packed a substance in packs. As the 'Joe' dude walked up some stairs.

A few minutes later, the 'Joe' dude came back down, "She'll see you now," he said. We both got up as Justin whispered, "Duck when I say so, okay?" I nodded as he grabbed my arm, leading me up the stairs with Joe following close behind.

We were lead to a door with holes on it. Justin then knocked. Before walking in, he screamed duck as he and Joe lowered their heads and a knife flew through the door. The knife stopped in front of me and dropped mid-air. I sighed, thanking god for my reflexes.

I heard uncontrollable laughter as Justin turned around cupping my face in his hands checking me. The gesture was random but sweet. I swear I could feel my freckles flicker. "Your okay." He whispered as he turned, leading me in the room.

There sat a bright-haired lady, tattooed like Justin and Joe.