"Thanks for letting me," He replies with eyes full of understanding to match the waves of love spreading from him while offers his arm. "Now are you ready to go marry the love of your life?"

"Yes," I reply with a growing smile, because I was.

------

"Julian," Aiden calls making me immediately close my eyes, a feeling of nausea and anger coating my skin at the sound of his disgusting voice. "Julian, I know you're up here... I could smell your stench from a mile away."

Why Goddess, why? Why do you make me suffer?

Maybe if I stayed quiet he'd go away, if I just pretended not to hear that stupid child he'd go back downstairs to our parents or find a room to wait in until they were ready to go home. Or better yet, he'd die there. 

"The smell is getting stronger so I must be getting closer," He calls, his voice coming closer. "There you are,"

I open my eyes and sigh, not bothering to look at Aiden and burn my eyes at the sight of him. Instead, I refocus my attention on the stars that light up the night. The sky was full tonight, bright and dazzling with hundreds of thousands of burning balls of light that twinkled and shimmered from above.

I came here often, the spot on the roof just outside my bedroom window. I found myself here on nights when I wanted to stare at my favorite part of this universe or when I just wanted some peace and quiet. 

I tried to escape to here tonight because when mother and father had their closest friends over, it usually meant bringing one particular failed attempt at a son with them. 

"Go away Aiden," I breathe out as I skim through the various constellations, ticking off the ones I learned this week. 

"But then how would I be able to annoy you?" He asks innocently, the shuffling that followed telling me he wasn't leaving but coming to join me.

"Just go find a corner to die in, free me of your presence and revolting scent." I try but the idiot was already climbing through the window. "There's not enough room for two of us."

"That's perfect, I can blame pushing you off on you slipping." He replies wearing a bright smile we both knew to be fake as he wiggles into the tiny space beside me.

I growl tightly in the back of my throat before giving him a rough shove, I'd hoped would send him tumbled over the edge and to his death. It didn't. Instead, his shoulder was pressed to mine and I knew I'd have to shower again  when they left to get his odor off of me.

"Why are you here?" I voice looking at him, but Aiden's eyes were on the stars, their dark hue reflecting the shimmering stars perfectly.

"I was bored, bothering you is always entertaining." He replies with a shrug. 

I roll my eyes and look up to the galaxies again. 

Aiden and I hadn't gotten in a physical fight in about a week, which was maybe a record for us and I had no wish to get into one on the roof. Not because I couldn't take, I knew now that I could, his still swollen eye was a testimony to that. I run my fingers through my hair, the shorted strands the trigger to the rage I'd released upon Aiden last Monday. 

So I wasn't afraid of him anymore, no, I just didn't want to taint one of my favorite places with a bad memory, though I guess it was already being tainted with his wretched presence. 

"Why do you like stars so much?" Aiden asks after a moment of silence. "You're always watching them, like fucking always. It's creepy. You watch them so much you'd swear they'd disappear one day."