Chapter 45

Julian's P.O.V

"Oliver as in, your dead, older brother?" Aiden asks carefully as his eyebrows knit together.

"Yeah." I say before taking a deep breath. "He's not dead though." His eyes widen considerably as confusion runs clearly through his dark orbs as he looks at me.

"That's impossible." He says in disbelief. "He was attacked by rogues."

"A set up."

"But someone saw the whole thing happen, the witness who brought back a piece of him or something." He says with slight hesitation.

"The witness being his younger brother." I fill in making his jaw hang as he slowly leans back in his seat.

"But what about the body pieces, they were his own." He asks.

"Oliver was always kind to all supernatural species, including witches." I say making him frown slightly at the mention of the wretched things. "They're many things they can do and producing replica body pieces is not beyond their filthy tricks."

He sits silently for a while as his mind tries to piece together everything he just heard. I watch him intently trying to figure out exactly how he'd react, I'd been keeping Oliver's secret since the day he ran away when I was only eight. I'd been lying to everyone for as long as I could remember and I had no problem with it since it's what he wanted and I always did what he wanted, including lie to our own parents about their son's death.

"So if he's alive, where is he?" He says asking the question I feared the most. I stay silent for a while contemplating if this was the right thing to do, Oliver would hate me for it but I wasn't losing him right now I was losing Aiden. "Julian, where is he?" He asks again with a more serious tone.

"The rogue pack....." I say quietly hoping he wouldn't catch it, but he did.

"The one that killed our men?!" He exclaims standing up with his red eyes glowing as he clenches his hard jaw tightly.

"They didn't make the first move." I defend trying to keep a calm voice to sooth him a little.

"And now you trust the words of some rogues?" He spits making the lid to my dormant temper tickle a little.

"No I trust the words of my brother." I say firmly making him scoff.

"If he's a rogue now he's no better than the lot of them." He says making me see red.

"He is my brother! He is not someone for you to go slaughter because he is a rogue now!" I shout standing up to meet his deadly glare. "I trust his words just fine, he never lies, unlike you." I spit back making his eyes darken.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He growls back leaning closer to my face with a dangerous wave of anger emitting off of him.

"You think I don't know, about where you really went that night?" I ask making his eyes flood with shame as he backs away a little. "Oh, now you remember? You lied straight to my face, making up some lie about meeting Micheal when you really went to get some revenge and then came and lay with me like it never happened. You would've kept lying to me too and I wouldn't have known if it wasn't for Oliver." I say laughing slightly at the irony.

"I did it for the men who died th-"

"You did it for your own selfish reasons!" I shout cutting him off. "Do not taint those men's death with your own need to kill."

He stays quiet knowing quite well that I was right. He didn't kill them to get revenge only, he did it because he takes pleasure from murdering them, seeing them suffer.