― 34 | EPILOGUE

SEPTEMBER , 1996 · CENTRAL PERK

"And that's how that idiot got the role instead of me!", Joey exclaimed loudly with his hands in the air. Or more, hand. The other one, Rachel had safely under control in her own hand. "That is too bad, Joe. I'm sure you would have been great as the king! You have something so manly!", Phoebe said. Rachel looked at her confused for a second. "As long as you stay my king, everything should be fine!", Rachel added then and stroked her boyfriend's cheek. "That was so disgusting and so cute at the same time...", Monica sighed. "Yeah, I agree", Ross said, raising his hand to high five Monica, who pretended like Ross didn't just do that. "Wait. Does that mean you are a queen?", Phoebe asked in excitement. Rachel pointed at her with big eyes. "Oh yes! I like that. I am sure being a queen would suit me...", she added smilingly, adjusting her imaginary crown. Everyone laughed at this. Except Joey, who had not paid attention to his friends the last few seconds. He seemed flustered and nervous. "Actually, if we are precise..", he then started.

          Right in that moment, Chandler stormed into the coffee shop with his briefcase under his arm. He drew the attention of the whole room to him, as he yelled, "Did I miss it? Did I miss it?" Everyone looked at him confused, everyone but Joey, who glared at him. Evelyn jumped up, to save her boyfriend from the center of attention. She took his hand and pulled him after herself, to the free seat. As they tried to sitting down next to each other one that one seat, Eve whispered, "No, you are right on time, sweetie." Luckily no one paid attention to them, because their try, sitting together on that one seat, failed miserably. In the end, Eve sat on Chandler's lap, which was nice, because that way he could hug her from behind.

          "What is there to miss? Miss what?", Rachel looked confused at Chandler, who then hod behind his girlfriend's head. To have her attention again, Joey cleared his throat loudly. "As I was saying, if we are precise, Rachel Green, you are not a queen. At least not yet." Sadly, this is not a TV show, so you cannot see everyone's reaction. But I am the author after all, so let me fill you in.

          The order they realized was: Gunther(, even behind the bar he was the first one. No, he was still not over Rachel), Monica, Ross, Phoebe and then finally Rachel. Chandler and Eve already knew. Well, officially only Chandler knew, but Eve had been in the same room, when Joey told Chandler. The story is too sweet not to mention. So, it was early summer. It was one of the first times Eve had stayed at Chandler's place for multiple days, which is not that special, since they are neighbours, but it was so special for them and that's what's important. Joey did not know, Evelyn was still there this morning, so he knocked while Chandler was in the bathroom.

          "Yeah?", Chandler had answered unsure, because he thought Joey had already left to go shopping. Also maybe because he was about to undress and get into the bathtub. "You are alone ... and not naked, right?", Joey asked just to be sure. Eve, who had been standing there wearing a towel only, looked at her boyfriend with big eyes. Chandler looked a bit shocked as well, shrugged with his shoulders and signed Eve to hide behind the door. "Obviously! What's up, Joey?", Chandler said opening the door, when Eve was safely behind it. "What do you think?", Joey asked holding up his hand, so Chandler could see what was lying in it. "Joey!", his best friend laughed, "I did not expect this! Not yet! We've only known each other for three years!" Joey hit him, looking at him more serious than Chandler had him ever seen before.

          "Chandler?", Joey repeated himself. "It's beautiful, Joe", his best friend answered. "And do you think..?", Joey looked at him with his puppy eyes. You could see the fear in them. "Of course she will say yes, idiot!", Chandler grinned and pat his best friend on the shoulder. That was the same moment, Eve could not hold herself back and screeched. Her head showed up next to Chandler, hiding the rest of herself behind the door. "Chandler! I thought you were alone!", Joey yelled, looking at his best friend a bit mad. "Be happy, I lied about that and not about being naked!", Chandler said, still grinning, because he was so happy for his friend. "Joey, it's beautiful! She will love it! I am so excited! Your secret is safe with me, I promise!", Eve giggled, moving as close to his hand as she could, without showing to much of herself.

           And that is that. But the same time it took you to read this, it took Joey Tribbiani to slowly get down on one knee in front of our beloved Rachel Green. At the same time Evelyn's grin got wider and wider and Chandler's hug around her got tighter and tighter. They had waited two months for this moment. "Rachel Green ... do you want to be my queen?", Joey tried to have a cool grin on his mouth, but you could still see the fear of rejection in his eyes. Monica's hands were in front of her widely opened mouth and there were little tears of joy in her eyes. Ross had a rather shocked impression. He probably never expected Joey to get married, before he was getting re-married. And Phoebe next to him grinned and whispered an excited, "Finally!" Tears were building in Rachel's eyes and her hands were moving to her own face.  She was so concentrated on him, that she did not hear Gunther from the bar, whispering, "Say no. Say no. Say no." She looked at Joey and slowly started nodding, when the first tear of joy rolled over her cheek. "Yes, of course, yes!"

          Joey got up and hugged his fiancée, before putting the ring on her finger. Everyone started applauding, yelling and smiling widely. "This is so exciting!", Monica yelled running over to Rachel to see the ring. Joey took a step to Chandler and Eve to earn a proud look from his beste friend and a hug from the youngest Geller. After the hug Evelyn walked over to Rachel to her her as well. "Here!", Rach said, taking the imaginary crown off her head to put it on Eve's head. "What? Why are you giving it to me? You're the queen now!", Eve replied, who was already about to give Rachel her crown back. "I have this now!", Rachel said, waving around with her hand, showing her the ring again, "And after all. You need the crown at first, so you can get the ring later." As she said that, Eve turned around and met eyes with her boyfriend who'se whole face was red after he heard what Rachel had said. It looked just like ... he ... got ... caught.

THE END