― 07 | FIGHT FOR US

❝COME ON like I wanted Gunther to tell you? I ran all over the place to make sure, that didn't happen." He sighed loudly, you could hear he was totally done. "Oh, that is so sweet. I think I'm falling in love with you all over again!", Rachel said sarcastically. Joey chuckled next to me. "I should have told you and I wanted to, really. But then Joey and Chandler convinced me not to!" My jaw dropped. "You two knew about that, okay. But you told him not to?" Chandler and Joey suddenly looked very uncomfortable. "Wax the door shut, we're never leaving ever!", Chandler nearly screamed. Even though I was kind of mad at him, I couldn't say anything anymore. Monica could, "How could you tell him not to?" Chandler seemed out of words the moment, Joey found his again, "Well, we just wanted to protect him. And he was the one who betrayed Rach. Plus we told him that he should think of the consequences, like the trail." He paused, and sighed.

          I have to say something to protect these two. Monica will rip them apart! "That's true, Mon. I heard that part, he's telling the truth, please don't hit them again!", I stepped in front of them protectively. Thanks, one of them whispered. I turned around and sat down at the bed next to Phoebe again. "... order a pizza." Joey jumped up the bedside table and watched through the little window at the door. "Did she just say pizza? No, she is ordering pizza. Oh man, I like pizza." Joe interrupted himself and tried to send Rachel a message mind to mind. "Put olives on the pizza. Put olives on the pizza!" He let himself fall on the bed and closed his eyes. Phoebe jumped up, "We can eat the wax, it's organic!" Joey's eyes opened as the word eat left her mouth. "Hm, food with hair on it." Pheebs laughed. "No, not the used wax!" Chandler's look was priceless. "Because that would be crazy!", I said sarcastically. "Hey, I was gonna say that!", Chandler looked surprised that I made a joke, he'd make himself. I turned around, so he couldn't see me smiling proudly.

AFTER ANOTHER TWENTY MINUTES of nothing but silence, we found ourselves eating the wax. Well, Joey ate it. Chandler and me more looked at it and decided not to do anything with it. Monica and Phoebe's legs laid between our heads. Yes, it was not easy, but we got five people lying in Monica's bed. It was the most difficult, practical thing I had ever done. At least it was funny, because I was chilling in the middle, but Joe and Chandler were lying either at one side, so one of them always fell out of the bed when someone moved a bit. "They're going to get through this, aren't they?", I asked the rest of the group. "If course they will, it's Ross and Rachel!", Chandler whispered, laying his head down on my shoulder. My heart just made a little jump.

          "What if they don't?", my sister said quietly. Then Joey started talking, that he needed a new walk. "A new walk?" While he was explaining, that he needed a take–notice–walk, Chandler interrupted him, "Are you actually saying these words?" I hope nobody saw my grin while this dialogue. But I was the cutest thing I've heard that day. It has been really quiet for the last half an hour. We had tried to hear anything, but after the pizza had arrived, all we could hear was bitter silence. Half of us were still leaning at the door, Phoebe and Chandler had already laid down on Monica's bed again. Pheebs sighed, when my sister stepped back and sat down on the bed. "You know what? It's three o'clock in the morning and neither of them wonder where I am." I gave her the most are-you-serious-right-now-look, I could. But Phoebe outdid my look, "Yeah, people can be so self involved, can't they?"

          God, I love these guys. I have only been here for a couple of days, but if anyone asks me, what my home is, I would say, "These guys are." Jesus, I just hope everything turns out okay, for everyone of them, if I am lucky even including me. My look fell on Chandler. It would be too easy if you'd like me back, huh? Chandler caught me looking at him and smiled a little. I smiled back. Fuck, I am so in love with him. I sighed, and turned back to the door, where in the other side, my brother started talking again, "You know what? I'm not the one that wanted that break, okay? You're the one that bailed on us. You're the one that ran, when things got a just little rough." At that moment I had to sit down. I kind of knew that we were at the end of this fight, well nearly. That feeling that I had, it was right. I was sitting on the floor, leaning at the door when Rachel answered, not loudly like before, just tired and sad, "That's ... that's neither here nor there." Remember when I said I was too emotional? Well, at that point I started crying. "Now we're in a though spot again. What do you wanna do? Do you wanna fight for us or do you wanna bail?", my brother yelled each word.

SILENCE.

          The only noise in the next twenty seconds, was Joey who sat down next to me. "Look, I know ... I did a terrible, stupid thing. I wish I could take it back, but I can't okay, Rach? I love you." That was the moment when I lost control of my tears, just like Phoebe and Monica. Luckily I had Joe next to me. I turned and he just held, in kind of a hug. His sweater got so wet, but he didn't say anything. I think because even he had tears in his eyes. While I hid in Joey's sweater, Ross and Rachel continued talking, but I couldn't hear the whole thing. Chandler told me some time afterwards exactly what they had heard. After that last sentence, Rachel wanted Ross to leave, again. But he wouldn't. Chandler said, that you could've heard that both of them had started crying. I still don't know what exactly happened outside.

          Ross had said, that this couldn't be it. And the last thing Chandler heard was Rachel whispering. "Then how come it is?" We sat there for like another hour. My sister, Chandler and Phoebe were lying on the bed, while Joey and I still sat on the floor. "It has been quiet out there for some time. Maybe we should go out there?", Pheebs whispered. I nodded, and stood up slowly. Chandler had already got up and opened the door. We all had a glimpse of Rachel sleeping on the couch. Chandler and Joey tip-toed to the door and to their apartment. Phoebe asked, if she could sleep here tonight. "Bye, you guys!", I whispered and waved our neighbours.