2

I wake up sweating. I keep having dreams about Heather Duke at least once every two weeks. I sigh knowing these dreams don't mean anything. They almost convince me to think they are saying something though, but Heather Duke is one of the most popular girls in school, and I'm a nervous gay and not popular at all. Why would she even like me? And also, is she even fucking gay? That's the more important question.

I get up out of bed and get ready for school. I take out my ripped blue jeans, my grey hoodie that has red orange font that says "now" on it, and my jean jacket to put on and head downstairs to grab my things. I head out the front door and say goodbye to my mother, walking out to the driveway. I fumble for my car key and hear people talking. I look around and realize it's the Heathers. They're snickering as they head out to their car they all carpool in. They all live next to each other, so I guess it's convenient for them. Heather McNamara whispers something in Heather Duke's ear and she laughs with her face to the sky. The same way she did in my dream. Her laugh is infectious and beautiful. I stare at her while she smiles her gorgeous smile. She keeps laughing and ends up looking at me, and I quickly avert my eyes and focus on opening the car door. I unlock it and get in. I breathe in through my nose and out my mouth. "That was embarrassing."

I arrive at Westerburg High's parking lot. I park where I usually park; in the back and out of sight. I hop out of my car and head for the doors to school. I hear the Heathers' car arrive as I'm walking. As they get out I hear them laughing their asses off for some reason. "And then, and then when he pulled his pants down-" Heather Chandler says between laughs, "his dick was so small!" They all laugh even harder. I just hate that I'm here witnessing this conversation. "It was so sad. I told him, 'You think this is gonna get me off?', and he had this look on his face- oh my god." For the first time I feel sorry for a dude because of how mean they're talking about him. As soon as I enter the school I head in the opposite direction of where the Heathers are going in. Before I really get away one of the Heathers stop me. "Hey dyke," she calls out. I stop in my tracks. "What?" I say, my back facing them. "Turn around." I sigh, turning around. Heather Duke stares me down. "I'm not blind Y/N. I saw you making lesbo eyes at me." I swallow the lump in my throat. She just looks at me. "Well?" She says, perking up an eyebrow. I scoff. "Well what? What was the point of this confrontation?" I say exasperated. She stares daggers at me. "Fucking homo," She says and shoves past me. Heather McNamara looks at me and snickers and Heather Chandler looks at me as well and says, "Pillow Princess." I lose my shit and grab hold of Heather Chandler's arm. "What the fuck?" She says, trying to get out of my grasp. Heather Duke and Heather McNamara turn around to look at us. Heather Chandler smirks. "You gay for me too?" She gets close to my face to get ready to insult me. "Just by looking at you I can tell you're a virgin." I look at her, furious but silent. She whispers, "Or as you lesbians call it: a gold star." She laughs loudly right in my face. I stand there speechless, but keep my angry face on. I want to slap her so badly. She's distracting herself by laughing her ass off, so I slowly raise my hand, getting ready to hit her. Heather Duke sees this and storms over to me. She pushes Heather Chandler out of the way and grabs my arm. "Don't you fucking dare." She says glowering at me. Her grip on my arm tightens since I continue to have an angry look on my face. I rip my arm out of her grip and walk away. My hands ball into fists. Sometimes I really hate myself for liking Heather Duke.

Lunchtime arrives, and I sit at the table I usually sit at with my friends. My friends are already at the table. "Hey guys," I say angrily. One of my friends, MacKenzie, says, "Woah bro, what's up?" I sigh. "The Heathers are such bitches. They're so fucking mean!" I hit my hand on the table. "I'm tired of their shit." My other friend, Cindy, laughs. "But you're still gay for them~," she says. I groan. "Yeah. Especially Heather." MacKenzie laughs and says, "W h i c h Heather?" I laugh too and say, "Oh yeah, uh, Heather Duke." "Thinking about me again, huh?" I hear the woman say. I turn around and am facing Heather Duke once again. My heart starts racing. Heather walks around to the other side of the table. "Move." She tells Cindy and Cindy does so. Heather Duke sits down. I look behind me, then back at Heather. "So why are you here?" I say, confused. Heather looks at one of my friends' lunch trays and inaudibly gags. "I'm here for Heather. Because of how you were this morning, Heather has challenged you." I stare blankly. "To what?" Heather Duke smiles. "To a croquet match of course. The game will show what you're really worth." I clench my jaw and Heather notices. "What? You wanna hit me now too?" My friends look at me. "You hit one of them?" Cindy asks. I close my eyes. "Almost." Heather laughs. "She would have if I hadn't stopped her." My friends looked a little disappointed in me, and I look down. Heather leans over the table and pushes my chin up with her index finger. "No time to feel sorry for yourself. You'll be heading to Heather's house for the match at 6pm sharp," she says with her finger still on my chin. She looks down at the food I have. I never eat the school lunch because it's shit. I always bring my own food. Today I brought a piece of cake, among other things. She removes her finger from my chin and brings her finger to my cake. She drags her finger slowly into the white icing. She brings her finger up to her face and inserts her finger into her mouth, keeping eye contact with me. She sucks on her finger, getting all the icing off of it. She takes her finger out of her mouth slowly, and realizes she still has some on her finger. She smears it on my nose and backs away from me, smirking. She stands up and starts walking away, then stops. "I forgot you don't catch on very well. It's Heather's house. Heather Chandler's house. You better be there." She turns back around and walks away. As soon as she's out of sight I realize I had been holding my breath that whole time and start breathing again. Cindy and MacKenzie are looking at me shocked. I look at them shocked as well. "Did that actually happen? Or am I dreaming?" Neither of them say anything. I wipe the icing off my nose and look at it. "You better go to Heather's house," MacKenzie says. I nod. "Yeah. I guess so."