Off to Portland pt.2

As soon as the plane landed Kol stood up and hurried off the plane. He remembered why he hated flying so much. Being in such a small cramped space was pure agony as it sort of reminded him of being a coffin.

He was also feeling an itch in his gums. Hunger. He hadn't eaten since.... well since yesterday as he was so nervous to see Bonnie again he had forgotten to hunt for his meal before they left. That's why Bonnie had been smelling so strong and distinctly sweet to him. He was hungry. Usually, he could control his hunger pretty well. Not as well as Elijah or Klaus but better than the average vampire.

"Hello earth to Kol"

Kol snapped out of his thoughts to see Bonnie was already in the car waiting for him. He looked to see her wearing a tank top which was not helping the burning sensation that was starting in his throat. He could feed on the driver but knew Bonnie would disapprove. He would just have to wait until they got to the cabin. Kol reluctantly got in the car as Bonnie's scent was so strong now he was feeling anxious.

"Do you know where we are staying?" Bonnie asked looking out the car window

Her heartbeat was so loud. "A cabin" Kol says trying to keep his breath steady

"A cabin?" Bonnie questioned "Why would we need to-

"You know how Niklaus is" Kol replied curtly trying to keep his breathing steady

Bonnie sighed "Hopefully we won't be here long." Bonnie watched as they continued to drive into the countryside of Portland. The houses became sparse and she wondered why Niklaus would want them to stay in such a remote place far from the city. She also wondered if Kai is even still in Portland. What if they arrive and he isn't even here? Niklaus would be very upset. She didn't want to think of Kai and instead focused on the beautiful countryside.

After being in the car for some time Bonnie noticed that Kol was being uncharacteristically quiet and glanced to her left and saw him looking out of the window looking quite irritated.

"Why are you upset?" Bonnie blurted before thinking

Kol's head snapped to her direction and he gave a tight smile

"I'm not upset" Kol says bluntly and returns to looking out the window.

They finally arrived at a small cabin in a very remote area of Portland. It reminded her of the Gilbert family Lakehouse only there was no lake around. Elena . Bonnie missed Elena and everyone back in Mystic Falls more than ever these last few days. She still talked with them over the phone and could tell they were growing worried. Still having to maintain the lie that she was out of town visiting family. It was only a matter of time until they found out she was lying to them.

"How original of Niklaus. A cabin" Bonnie heard Kol sarcastically say behind her as he grabbed their bags.

Bonnie smirked "In the middle of nowhere. Kind of creepy" she said following behind Kol to the door

She heard Kol let out a small chuckle as he opened the door.

Inside the cabin was more modern and luxurious than Bonnie expected. The living room was large and spacious with huge glass windows and a fireplace that Bonnie secretly couldn't wait to use. The decor had a rustic but yet classy feel. It was very homey.

"I'm going into town to get some...supplies. Do you need anything?" Bonnie heard Kol say behind her as she admired the cabin.

Bonnie looked to Kol who was looking down at the floor "No I'm ok... How long will you be gone?" Bonnie asked trying to hide the waver in her voice.

Kol scoffed and was about to mock her for being afraid to be alone but looked to see she was genuinely worried.

"I won't be gone long. I'll be back soon."

Before Bonnie could respond Kol had already left. She sighed and gathered her bags to take upstairs to her room. The cabin was eerily quiet after Kol left and she could see it was beginning to get dark outside. She was usually ok being alone, but something about Portland made her feel on edge. The thought of seeing Kai again was making her feel very anxious. Her room was just as simple as the rest of the cabin. A wooden bed frame with simple sheets. She sat on her bed and started unpacking her bags. After she unpacked she went back downstairs to the living room and started the fireplace. She curled up on the couch and began reading out of her spellbook.

She got so lost in spells that she looked to her phone to see it was already 9 pm. What time did Kol leave? How long had she been sitting there studying? She looked to the large window in the room and saw it was pitch black outside. The uneasy feeling returned and she almost wanted to call Kol and see where he was, but she didn't want to give him that satisfaction.

"Where are you?" She whispered

As soon as the words left her mouth as if on command she heard the door open.

Bonnie turned around quickly and was relieved to see it was Kol. Whose smile faded when he saw Bonnie's frazzled state.

"Where were you?" Bonnie said exasperated

"I told you I was just in town... What happened?" Kol says immediately rushing in front of Bonnie to examine her.

Bonnie sighed pushing Kol away to stand up "Nothing its just... something isn't right Kol. I have a bad feeling about all of this. We shouldn't be here." she nearly whispered

Kol let out a small sigh of relief when he realized she wasn't injured "What do you mean?"

"I mean Kai is an insane individual who we shouldn't be trying to elicit help from. Maybe we should go back to New Orleans." Bonnie says sitting back down on the couch

Kol suddenly stiffened as he remembered what his brother said would happen if they were to return empty-handed. He would surely kill Bonnie and hunt down Kai himself. He watched as Bonnie sat in deep thought and could hear her heart racing.

She was genuinely afraid "What did Kai do to you?" He asked softly

Bonnie glanced at Kol with glazed eyes and wiped a bead of sweat that had formed. "I don't want to talk about it. Not now at least."

Kol felt a hint of anger at the thought of someone hurting her

"I'll keep you safe. You have nothing to worry about with me here. I give you my word." Kol said solemnly

Bonnie could tell he meant every word.

"Thank you" Bonnie sighs grasping his hand. His hand was so cold. "Your hands are cold" Bonnie slightly laughed feeling a bit more at ease.

Kol looked at Bonnie with a hint of amusement "Warm them up for me then" he said wiggling his eyebrows.

"In your dreams, Mikaelson" Bonnie said standing up and letting his hand fall to his side on the couch. He instantly missed the feeling of her hand on his and watched as Bonnie went up the stairs of the cabin and to her room closing the door behind her.

"Only in my dreams" Kol whispers to himself

***********************************************************************************************

A/N: Please leave a comment and vote for the story!