Make no mistake

It had been a week since Bonnies' last encounter with Kol. Every time she saw him since then had always been in passing. The two never found the opportunity to speak to each other as Klaus kept Bonnie busy. She would rise early in the morning to practice magic with Desiree and would not return until late at night or early morning the next day. Today however Klaus had asked her to stay for breakfast and not leave the home. She found it odd how Klaus always found it important for the family to sit and have meals together. Although none of the Mikaelsons were ever hungry for human food Klaus still imploded them to sit and have dinner or breakfast together once in a while. The Mikaelson family intrigued Bonnie. As she sat at the table she noticed how the brothers conversated with each other. There was always a sense of respect between them. Unlike the Salvatore's they seemed to have a love that was filled with respect.

"Bonnie, love eat or you will be faint." Klaus says snapping her out of her thoughts with a voice that sounded filled with false concern

Bonnie often wondered how much Klaus cared for her life. If he would care if she fell down dead. She even wondered how he could possibly care for a child when he puts his siblings in a box if they agitate him too much. It didn't matter Bonnie concluded, no one had ever cared for her life.

"I'm..... not hungry" Bonnie says looking to Klaus suddenly feeling uneasy

"Well I have an important announcement to make." Klaus says completely ignoring Bonnies comment
"We will be having Dinner at Marcels tonight."

"I'll pass" Kol says speaking for the first time since they sat at the table

"You have no choice" Klaus says gruffly

"I don't feel like playing politics, Nik." Kol says slamming his glass on the table looking to his other

"Why are you even here Kol? You are so hard to please" Rebekah says rolling her eyes

Bonnie watched the entire exchange quietly. She always noticed how Kol never wanted to do anything Klaus says, but yet here he was in New Orleans supporting him as a brother should. He hated it when Klaus acted like a father, yet Kol needed someone like Klaus to keep him grounded.

*********************************************************************************
Bonnie stood in the mirror looking over her reflection in the mirror. Her dress was something way tighter than she would usually wear but it didn't matter because she had already decided she wouldn't be at the party for long. Bonnie hated parties. She knew Kol would come to the party despite his protest earlier. She couldn't get him out of her thoughts. She had been avoiding him for the past few days, not wanting anything to become of them. She wanted to leave New Orleans as soon as she could. Save the witches and leave was the original plan and she intended on sticking to that plan. Bonnie was casted out of her head when there was a subtle knock on the door.

"Come in!" She yelled putting the last of her jewelry on

She turned to see Kol standing with his signature smirk on. All of the feelings she had for him came rushing back to herthe same way memories rush back to a human when a vampire frees them of their compulsion. She couldn't help but smile when she saw him.

"Niklaus and the others have left so I will be escorting you to the dinner tonight." He says after a few moments

"Yes.... well...lets go" Bonnie says flustered rushing past him

"Are you ok?" Kol asks when they enter the car, as usual with a compelled driver

"Yes I'm just fine, thank you"

After a few minutes of silence Kol suddenly leans in to Bonnies ear " You look gorgeous tonight, you must have known green is my favorite color." He says smirking