T H I R T Y - S E V E N

Start from the beginning

"Because by the look of your gown— it's a rag," spat y/n, making it sure that Parkinson will hear the word rag. Her gown was nothing like y/n. It was good, but not good enough to be the spotlight of today's ball. Y/n's gown, on the other hand, was a head-turner. All of the students was looking at her gown, not just from the students of Hogwarts. But also from Durmstrang and Beauxbatons as well.

Parkinson rolled her eyes. She was about to comment on y/n's gown, but there isn't much thing to say about it. If she told Goyle right now that y/n's gown was ugly, she's definitely lying. She shut her mouth up and went beside to Draco.

"Would you like to dance with me, Drakey-poo?" said Parkinson with a baby tone. It was disgusting to hear according to y/n. She would most likely to hear Ron's singing rather than listening to Parkinson all day long.

Draco gave her a disgust look and that made Parkinson's heart sank a bit.

"No, I'm already going to dance someone else," Draco simply answered and walked his to y/n's direction. His arms snaked around her waist and smiled at y/n. Meanwhile, Parkinson was giving y/n a deathly glare. She wanted to kill her for stealing his man. "Let's go dance,"

She nodded and let Draco led her to the centre. The dance of the four champion was already finished. Y/n was proud of Hermione for killing that waltz. Everyone looked at her and awed at her beauty. Once, Draco and y/n were now in the middle. Draco bowed and y/n followed suit, curtseying at him.

His hand was placed on y/n's waist and his other hand was on her right hand. Y/n did the same, she placed her on shoulder, slightly rubbing it to make sure that he wasn't nervous.

And so, the dance began with a sweet melody played by The Weird Sisters. Soon, the boys were twirling around the girls and lifted them up high, causing her to chuckle a bit. Both of them followed the rhythm of the music, dancing with grace. It wasn't much more a surprise that both of them were dancing well than the others.

They faced each other and slowly swayed. Draco looked into her eyes, and it shows that she's clearly enjoying it. Y/n was surprised too the fact that she saw Draco genuinely smiling. When the song stopped, Draco once again bowed and led her back to their seats.

"That was fun," said y/n, smiling at him.

"I'm glad that you didn't stepped on my foot,"

"Hey! For your information, I'm a great dancer," she crossed her arms and huffed. Draco playfully rolled his eyes and snorted.

Dumbledore hushed the students to make an announcement. Draco groaned to himself, not wanting to hear the old man's speech. He scooted a bit closer to y/n and whispered, "Let's bail this," she look at him as if he had grown a second head.

She blinked three times, "Are you mental? People would look for us!"

"So what? They won't mind," said Draco, nonchalantly. Not caring if someone was looking for them. He wanted to bail out not because he don't want hear their headmaster, but he wanted to be left alone with y/n.

After convincing her many times, she gave in and say yes. Draco smiled ear to ear and held her hand. He led her out and made their way to the courtyard. It was very silent but far away from here they could still hear the faint music coming from the great hall.

No words were exchange but their actions speaks louder than words. Both of them sat down on the bench, watching the snow fall onto their hair. It was finally snowing and that cause y/n to mentally kicked herself for not bringing again a scarf with her. This reminds her the night before Christmas at the kitchen with Draco. And with the thought of that scene, y/n smiled like Cheshire cat.