Chapter 1: The New Housekeeper

I threw on my coat leaving the warmth of my apartment. Today was the start of a new house. My last master had fired me because of a certain trait of mine. I would not show feelings towards the people living in the house. It was not something I thought was certainly needed to take care of his house. It seemed as though it bothered him so I was released. Very childish in my perspective.

I quickly walk down the sidewalk, my eyes set on the bus stop. Sitting neatly and quietly, I wait for the bus. When the it finally arrives I board it quickly and take my seat.

Arriving at my stop I get off the bus and walk the rest of the way to the house. I would say was quite a walk since it was farther out the city. The farther I walked the bigger the houses appeared.

Reaching my destination I stand in front of the large house. A sidewalk leads up to the front door which I follow accordingly. The smell of clean cut grass envelops my nose. I raise my hand to knock but the door opens abruptly.

A man with a navy colored suit stands looking down at me, his tie slightly crooked. I reach my hands out towards his chest to straighten it. He backs up and glares.

"Are you my new housekeeper?" The man asks as he pushes back his slick brunette hair messily. His Italian accent rolls off of his tongue.

"I'm your new housekeeper from the HTK Agency." I reply. He holds the door open wider and stands to the side, inviting me in. I step in to the house and immediately set my eyes on tasks.

"What would you like me to do?" I ask towards the man. He stares at me with a straight face. "Sir...?" I imply for him to give me his name. The weird thing about moving houses is that we are never given a name, just an address...or I've just never realized there is one there. Very unlikely.

"You can call me Mr.Blunt." He replies and begins to walk down the hallway and I follow right behind. He wore an expensive looking tux that hugged his body perfectly. Although he looks very nice I can tell his shirt was not ironed very well. Good thing I'm here now.

He shows me to multiple different types of rooms and tells me to clean everything within them. The kitchen, living room, and dining room would all be cleaned as well. He also acknowledges that he would sometimes have tasks for me while he's at work which he will write on a sticky pad on the fridge so he won't forget.

"I'll be at work from 8am to 7pm Monday through Friday." He states as he gathers his suitcase and coat. Slipping on his coat he approaches the door.

"Mr.Blunt." I announce quickly. He turns around and looks at me waiting impatiently. I walk up to him about to fix his crooked tie when he pushes my hands away.

"I can fix it myself." He says coldly. Mr.Blunt opens the door inviting in a cool breeze of air and then closes it. Pushing that out of the way I begin to inspect the house so I can clean.

Taking off my coat, I place it on the coat rack next to the door where my bag is placed as well. I pull off my converse and slip on the guest house slippers next to the door. I'll bring my own tomorrow. Bringing myself to the kitchen I look around at all the dirty dishes and the ingredients, all spread out on the counters and the island. Guess I'll start here.

------

Finally finishing the kitchen and organizing all the cabinets I come to the dining room. The arrangement of the tables and chairs are all placed neatly along with the chinaware to the side. Although, the floor is very dirty which I will get to once I'm done with the whole house.

"Hello! It's Margaret!" I hear coming from the front door along with loud knocks. I quickly approach the front and open the door.

"Oh hello? Is the owner of this house at work today?" A redhead woman asks. She pushes her purse up her arm until it reaches her shoulder. "I have no idea what his schedule is for work." She claims uncomfortably.