Epilogue

It had been six months since the X Factor final. Stereo Kicks had been signed and had released their first single. They spent a lot of time in the studio, working on their first album. I was unbelievably proud of them.

It was just over a month ago when Faye rang me and told me about her new job in London. It was too good an opportunity for her to let go. I didn’t have to ask the boys twice when I told them she needed somewhere to stay.

Reece was now occupied with Faye. He was still my best friend, of course. But now he had his own girl. Everything seemed to be going very well.

“No, James. It is not a good idea,” I told my boyfriend as he whined about having to make a trip to the shop to get some condoms. “But I can just pull out,” he replied but I shook my head. “If I end up pregnant you will be sorry,” I said, pushing him towards the door, “Now, go.” He smirked and kissed me before grabbing his coat and exiting the house.

Jake came out of the kitchen with a smirk on his face. “What are you grinning at?” I asked him, walking into the living room. “I can just pull out,” he replied in a terrible attempt at imitating James’ accent. “Ugh. Don’t,” I said, dramatically collapsing on the sofa. Jake chuckled and sat down at my feet. I sat up and wrapped my arms around his torso. He put his arm around me and kissed my cheek. “I’m glad I have you,” I whispered. “Well, that’s good because you’re always going to have me.”

When James finally returned, he pried me away from the warm cuddle I shared with Jake and threw me over his shoulder. “It’s time,” he chuckled, running up the stairs like an excited child. “James,” I giggled, “Put me down.” He dropped me onto the bed then shut the bedroom door and locked it. He took the condoms out of his pocket and grinned. I sat up, pulling him onto the bed and kissing him. “Oh, I do love you, James Graham.”

A/N: everyone loves a happy ending. The link to the sequel is in the comments. It's called Wander. Enjoy!