Chapter Five

James and I walked along the pavement situated about a quarter of a mile away from my hotel. "I can't believe I'm here," I told him. It seemed crazy that I was actually in London with him. He was all I'd thought about for the past few weeks. James smiled and slipped his hand into mine. Our fingers laced together and I felt a flutter in my stomach.

It was a beautiful evening although it was cold. James had given me his coat before we left and he stole Jake's. London was a spectacular place to be in the evening. "What do you want to do in the future?" James asked me. I smiled and replied, "I want to travel the world. I want to see the stunning days in Vancouver and the magnificent evenings in New York. I want to be inspired," I told him, making eye contact. We'd stopped walking now. "Can I kiss you?" he asked out of the blue, causing me to blush. I nodded and he pulled me closer to him, his hands resting on the small of back.

The feeling of his lips on mine made the flutter in my stomach reappear. I felt his hands pull me slightly closer to him. "I've been waiting for that," James whispered as his lips disconnected from mine. I giggled as he let go of me and slipped his hand into mine.

It was quite late now and I wanted to spend more time with James but he needed to rest before tomorrow. "I should let you go," I told James and he nodded. "I'll walk you to the hotel. I'll get one of the lads to meet me there," he replied and I nodded. James took out his phone and texted as we walked.

I was ridiculously happy to be here with him. I didn't want to go home. James and I went into the hotel lobby and sat down on one of the sofas. He put his arm around me and I smiled. "Barclay shouldn't be long," he told me. "He can take as long as he likes," I replied and James chuckled.

I felt James’ chest move as he breathed. It was comforting as we both sat in silence, occasionally saying something funny. I found my way to James' hand, lacing our fingers together. It had been a while since I’d felt as happy as this. Who knew that a boy could have such a big impact on me?

Barclay walked into the hotel, whistling quietly. He smiled as he saw us and I returned it. “You two look adorable,” he said as he sat down on the arm of the sofa James and I were sat on. James untangled himself from me and stood up, pulling me with him. I looked up at him and said, “I’ll see you tomorrow.” I started taking his jacket off but he stopped me. “Keep it for now. I’ll text you in the morning,” he replied. I hugged him once more and I felt so safe in his embrace. It was such a great feeling. “Goodnight, Babe,” he whispered then left a soft, quick kiss on my lips.

I watched the two of them leave the hotel before heading up to my hotel room. I entered the room to find Anna and Faye beaming at me. Inquisitively I asked, “What’s happened?” Anna stood up. “You tell us,” she replied. I smirked and sat down on the bed, pulling my shoes off. “Now why would I tell you?” I questioned, rubbing my sore feet. “Because,” Faye started, shuffling round the bed so she was sat behind me, “you owe us that much.” I rolled my eyes and chuckled. I folded my arms, wrapping James’ jacket around me even more. “He kissed me,” I told them. Faye squealed. “What was it like? Is he a good kisser? What does he smell like?” Faye questioned. “Calm yourself. I’m not telling you anymore,” I said.

I left the two of them dramatically sighing as I headed into the bathroom. When I looked in the mirror I noticed that my cheeks were still slightly pink from a combination of blushing and feeling the cold. I took James’ jacket off and placed it on the radiator as I wanted to put it on tomorrow and be pleasantly surprised by the warmth.

Once I’d showered, washed my face and brushed my teeth, I changed into my pyjamas then returned to the bedroom. Faye was laid on one of the beds, flicking through channels on the television and Anna was sat on the other bed reading a book she’d been working her way through for a few weeks now.

I sat down beside Anna and picked my phone up off the floor beside my boots. I had a message from James. Goodnight. I replied with the same and placed my phone on the nightstand, plugging in the charger. Curling up in the warmth of the bed sheets, I soon fell asleep.