Chapter Fourteen

I was woken by a cushion hitting me in the face. "James!" I practically screamed. I heard him laugh as I pulled the cushion away from my face. "What do you want?" I asked as I sat up and glared at him. He had gotten dressed and was stood next to the bed. "I have about an hour before I need to go," he told me. "Oh and Reece is pissed at you." Then he left the room. I huffed before getting out of bed and putting on my work clothes then grabbing my phone.

I marched into the kitchen after James and filled the kettle up before switching it on. "Why is Reece pissed at me?" I asked as I turned to look at James who was leaning against the counter nearby. "Because you just left him yesterday. I mean, I'd be pretty pissed if you'd just abandoned me in a café," he told me. I unlocked my phone and opened up Reece's contact before tapping the call icon. It rang a few times before he picked up. "Hello," he spoke but his voice held no annoyance. "Hi, I just want to say sorry for yesterday. I'm such an arse," I explained. "It's alright. I'm just at the train station at the moment and I need to find my train so I'll speak to you later, yeah?"

"Yeah, okay. See you soon," I said then he hung up. "Babe," I spoke, looking at James who smiled. I walked over to him and kissed him. "I'll miss you," I told him. His arms were wrapped around my waist and I was looking up at him. "Come with me," he replied. "James," I sighed, stepping out of his hold and walking over to the kettle. I made two cups of tea and as I was stirring in the milk I felt arms around my waist. "Please," he whispered. "Like I said, I'll think about it."

I moved James' arms from my waist and pulled myself up onto the counter. "We're having our first party in the house on Thursday. I want you to go," he told me. I smiled, moving some strands of his hair that had fallen out of his face. "I'm not made of money," I replied. "I'll pay for your ticket," he said but I shook my head straight away. "No, listen, I'll let you know about it, okay?" I responded and he nodded.

I drank my tea and spoke to James for a little while longer before Faye and Anna joined us. "Right, I'm off to work. It was nice seeing you, James," Anna announced before grabbing her keys, giving a little wave then leaving. "I should really think about leaving too," James piped up. I made a sad face and he hugged me. "I'll see you very soon," he told me and I nodded. I got down from the counter and followed him to the front door. He picked up his bag and jacket before kissing me. The words almost fell out of my mouth before I stopped myself. "I lo...I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too," he replied before heading out of the door. I watched him go before shutting the front door and frustratingly shouting. "Come and tell me your problems," Faye called from the kitchen. I marched into the kitchen and sat down beside Faye. "He asked me to move to London with him," I told her. She stared at me as if she was expecting me to say it was a joke.

"You've been together for a few weeks. And what about your job?" she asked. "I don't know. But maybe I should try something like this. I'm tired of playing it safe," I told her. She nodded, showing she understood. "At the end of the day, you need to do what's right for you. I know that's a cheesy line but it's true. What if you go to London and you fall out? Or what if something happens to you? Your family will be hundreds of miles away from you," she explained. "But maybe it's worth the risk," I spoke quietly, running my hands through my hair. "I have to go to work but I'll see you tonight," I told her before standing up and leaving the room. I grabbed my coat and keys before heading out.

Thoughts of moving to London seemed so convincing. I could move there and get a job then eventually get my own place. And I'd be with James and that's all I wanted. It was a tough decision and a big risk. But I think I needed to take it.

A/N: So for everyone who wants to know, Casey called me just after 1pm yesterday. He was so lovely and he is so sweet. He made my day.