Chapter 12: tell me a bit about yourself.

A/N: it's me again I just wanted to say I appreciate the positive comments and the votes I didn't expect so many people to enjoy this.
Happy new year and thank you for over 100 votes! xx
———
Another day in the castle which seemed to start to feel like home, Newt woke up quite late today and just laid in bed looking up at the ceiling. His mind wondered and soon ended up at Percival's past. What were his parents like? How did he grow up? How did objects start talking and walking around like people? Why was he even a beast?

"Newt, are you alright dear, you've been laying there for at least half an hour now, you're not sick are you!" The boy jumped forgetting his wardrobe was a person that person being Queenie.

"No I'm fine I was just thinking." Newt responded with smiling and pushing himself up out of bed.

"That's good now get changed and make your way downstairs for your lunch."

"Thank you Queenie." Newt sighed pulling himself away from the comfort of his bed and putting on some clothes ready for his adventure downstairs.

On his journey down he noticed a portrait of a boy with ebony black hair and in a midnight- coloured suit. Beside him stood a man and woman with crowns on their heads with genuine bright smiles on. Only the picture was torn, slashed even with what looked like claw marks.

Fiddling with the hem of his apron, Newt eventually got to the dining room just in time to see the beast finishing his lunch. "You're right on time," the beast said sarcastically turning his head to see the boy who instead of responding smiled and sat down at the table.
"Would you like me to tell the chef to make you lunch?" Percival asked.

"I'm not that hungry I'll have something later thank you though." Newt explained leaning on the table with his chin in his hands gazing at Percival.

Confused at Newt's actions Percival asked if he was okay to which Newt responded simply with 'of course'.

"Percival."

"Yes?"

"Why are you a beast?" Newt asked bluntly continuing with more questions, "Why are your servants alive? What was so important about that flower in the west wing? Who was that boy in the portrait in the hall-"

Newt was interrupted with a loud growl which clearly showed anger, "It is not important, Newt." Percival swiftly stated before standing up and pushing his chair under the grand table."I will be in the garden if you need anything you may as Jacob."

Leaving Newt sat at the table by himself. Pondering why he opened his mouth to begin with, but he felt like he had a point. It's not everyday you're taken captive by a beast who has talking object servants.

Newt needed to know more.

Pushing his ornate chair in as he stood up, the brunette started speed walking around the castle heading to Percival's room. Newt knew if he was here right now he'd probably kill him but curiosity killed the cat.

As he finally reached the room, Newt tried turning the handle but obviously it didn't budge. Luckily in his pocket there were a few bobby pins that Queenie had given him to keep his hair in place. She is just like a mother figure. Newt thought to himself but he couldn't be sure he'd never really had a mother figure to look up to.

Snapped back into reality by a click, the bobby pin had unlocked the door and Newt put all his weight onto the door to push it open and it opened wide enough for him to slide in. It was pretty messy papers thrown all around the room and every piece of furniture was scratched.
But he wasn't here to clean he was here to find the truth.

After 15 minutes for searching for some sort of clue Newt felt like giving up so badly until he heard a voice. But not like the beast.

"Newt, I heard what happened this morning," Jacob. "I see you point you deserve to know the truth, so, have a seat."

Newt quickly sat on the side of the bed hands intertwined.

"So this is how it all started."

~~~

There once was a prince who lived in a wonderful castle, his life was straight out of a fairytale. But he was spoiled rotten, selfish and to him only looks mattered.
One night an elderly woman came to the castle doors and offered the prince a rose if he would let her to stay the night to escape the cold winter. Disgusted by the woman's appearance, he refused.

But as he declined her offer the old woman's appearance changed and melted into beauty. Astonished by the lady's looks he tried to accept her request but it was too late. The enchantress had seen the prince had no love in his cold heart and as he was to pay for his actions.

She placed a powerful curse on him causing him to change into a hideous beast and placed a curse on the castle as well. Hating the way he now looked he concealed himself in his castle with nothing but a magic mirror that could show him anyone or anything he wanted.

The rose the enchantress had given him was truly magical as it would bloom until his 20th birthday if he could find his true love and for his true love to love him back.

~~~