Chapter 10: help and conversation.

Disclaimer: I'm not sure what Newts fathers name is so I just put Alexander.
Enjoy!
Edit: thank you for the comment about Newts fathers name I should I have done that. So Theseus it is.
————-

He ran as fast as his legs would take him. Mr Scamander- also known as Theseus- couldn't stop thinking about how his own son could be ripped to shreds in a second with that beast. The thought sent a shiver down his spine.
He pondered if he was alive and okay. There was no way Theseus would leave Newt and not fight to get him back, after all he'd already lost his wife.

Newt was truly the only thing that gave him a reason to never give up. If he lost him, life
would be a dark, endless ,spiralling hole.

Soon enough, Theseus got to a popular tavern in the village. He burst through the doors screaming and panting like a mad man.

"Newts been taken...taken by a huge and hairy beast!" He paused for a breath half way through, people stared at his wide-eyed. He knew how crazy it all sounded when said out loud but it was the truth.

Someone then stepped into the spotlight.

"Newts been kidnapped, really?" Grindelwald. "I think your going a bit crazy, don't you?" He asked smirking.

"He has I swear he offered to take my place as prisoner please you have to believe me!" Theseus cried.

"Do you have any evidence your son or my future husband has been taken by this 'beast'?" Grindelwald seemed to think of Newt as a prize, it made his fathers blood boil, but if anyone could slay a beast it would be him.

"I can take you there."

Credence stepped out and whispered in Grindelwalds ear, he grinned widely.

"Take me there after all who could resist a knight in shining armour."

Theseus hoped he didn't just solidify a lifetime with Newt and Grindelwald together.

"We leave at first light!" That was the last he said before him and his assistant left.

———

Sweat rolled down Newts face as he shot up, panting holding onto his chest for dear life. Another dream about his mother and how devastated his father was when she passed.
He looked around rapidly as he sucked in large amounts of breath. Finally after a few minutes that felt like hours, Newt managed to fix himself up and went to get dressed.
He washed, put back on his normal outfit, brushed his hair and went downstairs to meet the beast.

As he approached the dining room, he heard what seemed to be nervously mumbling and fidgeting. Without warning he entered the room and sat down at the other side of a long table across from the beast.

"Good morning." The jittery beast greeeted.

Newt took a moment to admire the outside through a window. "Indeed it is," He replied. Just seconds later, they were eating their breakfast in silence besides the occasional bits of small talk.
"By the way," The beast looked up from his meal, "What is your name?" Newt asked.

After he asked that question, the beast seemed to make an uncomfortable face automatically Newt jumped to conclusions. He seemed to have a habit of doing that.

"You don't have to tell me, it's just it feels wrong to call you beast!" He apologised.

"Percival." The beast looked down.

"That's a beautiful name." Percival looked back up. "Did I say that out loud?" Newts cheeks tinted a light shade of pink.

"Why thank you?..."

"Newt, odd I know." Newt said.

"I don't think so, it's unique." Percival's words seemed genuine. "Well since we're getting to know each other, do you have any interests?"

"If I'm honest I adore reading about different animals." Newt confessed. "Back in my village a kind lady named Mary had a bookshop though it was quite small and I would go there everyday."

"That's fortunate." Newt raised an eyebrow, Percival continued, "I have a terribly large library in the castle there must be something about animals in there."

"Really?" Percival nodded. "When can I see it?" Newt asked.

"Today, after breakfast though." Newt giggled.

Percival felt something in his heart like nothing he'd ever felt before, looking and spending time with Newt made him feel happy.
Jacob would probably describe this as love.

No I'm not in love, I won't say I am and even if am he would never love me back. After I'm a beast, who could ever love a beast.