Chapter 8: west wing.

Newt tried his hardest to make any sort of noise to alert the beast. Who knew what he would do if he'd found out Newt had been disobeying his orders. The thought sent a shiver down his spine. He continued walking until he had it his curiosity grew with every step he took.

Gently he placed his hand on the door handle and pushed it open, painting were slashed with obvious claw marks. Small shards of glass scattered in parts of the room. Then Newt saw it. A glass case inside a rose. But not a normal one, the petals on the rose were as if they were glowing and the ones that had fallen. Dead.

Intrigued, Newt reached to open the lid of the case until interrupted by a blood curdling growl. He turns around and froze.

The beast.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" He bellowed.

Newt went to open his mouth but nothing came about. He had no idea what to do or what the beast was going to do. But he had to make a choice.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO COME HERE!" Newt made up his mind before anyone got hurt.

He did the only plausible thing to do.

Run.

Newt bolted out of the room not daring to look back at the beasts face and kept running. Down the stairs and pushed the doors opening with all of his strength as well as the adrenaline coursing through his veins.

He kept running, through the snow and weaving through the trees. Newt raced until out of sight from the palace and until he was out of stamina and his body gave up.
The cold got to Newt quickly and he dropped against a tree and looked down as he panted.

Growling.

Newt blinked rapidly at the sight of a pack of wolves surrounding him basically cornering him to the tree. He could cope with the freezing temperature and soon the darkness consumed him the last thing he heard was another rawr this time a more dominant animal. Newt just prayed that he would escape with his life.

Newt closed his eyes and squeezed them shut, maybe the wolves would forget about him, then he saw something. A silhouette.

Then an rawr so loud even a deaf man could could hear. The boy opened his blue orbs to see his hero.

The beast.

Though he was on the floor, his blood staining the snow a crimson colour.

"Hello?" Newt whispered as he cautiously approached the injured creature.

No reply came from the beast expect for a small grunt, Newt's legs threatened to run but his mind was telling him different. He checked the beasts heart rate.  Still alive.  He thought to himself.

"Just hang on." Those were the only word Newt could think to say.

After thinking about how they could get back to the castle, an idea came to Newt. Though not exactly the easiest task. The petite boy was to carry him.

And so he did.

Carefully, Newt placed the beasts arm around his neck and held him close hoping to give him warmth in the freezing temperature.