Chapter 2: a rose.

Soon making his way back home, he opened the door to see his father packing bags full of inventions he had hand-crafted.

"Where are you off to now father?" Newt asked him.

"To the market a few towns east of here." The humble man spoke."Would you like me to bring you anything?"

"A rose, please." His son answered.

"But Newt you ask for a rose every year."

"And you always deliver." Newt smiled once again.

"Ok I will bring you back the finest you only for my son." And with that Newt's father mounted his horse and rode onwards.

"Goodbye father." He said as he disappeared from sight.

~~~~
For what seemed like hours the man rode, until the sky turned black and snow began to fall from above.

Shelter was vital.

Thankfully, he saw a castle to spend the night. He attached his horse to a near by rock and knocked on the door which soon opened.

He searched the room looking for an
owner of the land, then entering a kitchen with a table full of food. He sat down but was shocked to see a cup bounce towards him.

"Mum says not to move as it might scare people." The tea cup spoke.

"That's fine.." The man said nervously before taking off without a moments thought as he was scared half to death.

After exiting the castle, this was until he layed his eyes upon a garden with roses.
He attached his horse to a near by rock and strode up to one of the roses but as he tried to pick it a thorn stung his thumb.

He tried again this time successfully but in the process of doing so his steed unleashed himself and dashed away.

Mr Scamander looked up to see what had startled the animal and after doing so he wished he'd never did.

"Please I beg of you don't h-hurt me..."

"Too late for that."