Chapter 5: take me instead.

"Hello, who's there?" Newt called out this time surprisingly earning a response but one of a rude tone.

"Who are you?" The person bellowed.

"I've come for my father." The boy announced.

"Your father is a thief." Newt couldn't believe the words he was hearing. "He stole a rose."

"I asked for that rose!" This time Newt tried to raise his voice. "Let me take his place!"

"You would sacrifice your whole life for your father?" His voice seemed confused.

Newt could hear his fathers cries begging the man not to harm his son.
"He's just a boy, he doesn't know what he's doing!"

"Silence!"

And there was.

"Are you still willing to take your fathers place?" The man asked.

"Yes, absolutely." Newt showed no doubt about his answer. "Now step into the light!"

The man stepped forwards.

Brown fluffy and hairy skin.

Eyes as dark as moonlight, the type that could see your soul.

It was tall, towered over Newt.

What Newt was seeing was nothing like a man, but a beast.

The new-found beast grabbed Newt's father and with that the beast used full force to push Newt into the cell. His back hitting the cold cell wall.

"Newt!"

"Father!"

Reality seemed to crawl in. That may have been the last words to his beloved father.

His captor growled causing the young boy to cower away in the corner, knees drawn to his chest and head bowed.