The New Kid (Part 2)

A/N

I'm sorry guys, I've been trying to finish the chapter, but I really need to upload! SO heres part two! It should be about four pages.

Recap-

The boy stared at the double doors she slipped out of with a mask of confusion. What just happened? Why did she run out? And why did he feel chills when he took her hands? He grabbed both trays and threw away the half-eaten food before taking a long and confusingly thoughtful walk out of the cafeteria.

Charlotte ran and ran until she was safely behind the door of the ‘out of order’ bathroom. Locking the door behind, she took a deep breath that raggedly escaped her mouth and slid her back down the door and sat on the floor. Charlotte stared at her lace-covered hands blankly and remembered his reaction; nothing really happened! But that was probably because he only touched them for a few seconds…right?

Oh, who was she kidding? He had her hands for a full minute or two before she could realize what had happened! Charlotte angrily wiped away the tears with her fists, sniffling. He wasn’t hurt…he looked completely normal, except for a little color leaving his face. But he’s okay, he has to be! Otherwise he’ll probably start hanging out with some of the jocks and tell them what happened. Charlotte sighed and walked in front of a broken mirror and placed both hands on either side of the sink, staring at herself.

Why was she worrying about this so much? He wasn’t anything special…except for his eyes. They were like hers but a darker shade…one she’s seen before. Why was everything so confusing? Charlotte tore her gaze from the mirror and looked at the clock. Fifteen minutes ‘till the bell… The brunette thought, considering the option of going to class early. He usually needs things passed out; I can help him pass them out before class, right?

Charlotte ran her fingers through her hair before striding towards the door and unlocked it, swinging it open. Charlotte walked out and quickly strode to her locker around the corner and spun the dial a few times. 7…13…7… She pulled up and swung it open, roughly grabbing her Greek History binder, notebook, and textbook before pushing it shut. Charlotte had a very slight spring in her step (which wouldn’t be as subtle if she was a bit happier) as she made her way to her absolute favorite class with her favorite.

“OI! CHARLIE!” Charlotte heard someone running and spun around quickly, matching the familiar voice with a body. She dropped her stuff and ran forward, shouting back.

“HEY MYA! What are you doing here? I thought you were coming-OOF!” Charlotte almost fell over because someone attacked her-that someone being Mya.

“Hey…what are you doing on the floor? Charlie, what did I say about hugging the floor?

“Ummm…that it isn’t a people person and is very dirty?” Charlotte chuckled and her spirits, just like that, sky-rocketed. Her best friend was just in time for their favorite class and could definitely cheer her up! Charlotte quickly got Mya off of her, no need for any more problems. The two teens stood up and Mya grabbed her crutches, flashing Charlotte a wide smile.

“Exactly, now, where are you headed? There’s still about ten or fifteen minutes left of lunch,” Mya asked in a worried voice. Charlotte doesn’t really like lunch time and, with her not being there, it might’ve been very…eventful?

“Nothing. Just finished early and wanted to help out Mr. Brunner with passing out things.” It was partly true! She didn’t want Mya worrying over it…it’s nothing. Mya eyes her before making a face that crossed constipation and awe.

“I really need to use the bathroom-wait for me in class!!!” And, with that, the brunette maneuvered her crutches very quickly down the hall and her body disappeared around the bend in the hall, leaving Charlotte alone again. The brunette sighed and smiled at her best friend’s antics.