I did not spot a hair dryer, the likes of which I'd only used once or twice in my life. With a quick glance at the door to make sure it was locked, I took a deep breath and began bending the water from my hair. In seconds my hair was moistureless and a giant glob of floating water hovered above my palms. I quickly disposed of it by dropping it into the shower, washing away some excess dirt while I was at it. 

It was only when I turned around and saw the empty counter, did I realize I had forgotten to ask for clothes.

Wrapping a towel tightly around myself I poked my head out of the door, and called for Natasha.

"Clothes, right?" she chuckled seeming to appear out of nowhere. Without anymore words being said, she handed me a pile of denim and leather then walked into another part of the room. I closed the door and hurriedly changed into the foreign materials. I found that I had to do a tiny dance to get into the pants. I think they were called skinny jeans.

Even as I emerged from my little haven, I knew I'd never truly be comfortable in these types of clothes.

"This...is what you wear?" I asked Natasha, fidgeting in the skin tight jeans.

"Yeah. Why?" she asked, sounding mildly offended. 

I wasn't used to city clothes, or store bought clothes for that matter. I'd snatched up some clothes here and there over the years, but they had never appeared to be practically sprayed on like this. 

She sat on the bed, idly flipping through a magazine that looked like it was a weapons catalogue. She picked her head up when I spoke, and her eyes widened at the sight of my already dry hair, but she didn't comment. 

I frowned at my reflection in the wall length mirror, my fingers ghosting over the leather jacket and white t-shirt, a color I'd never worn. It seemed too bright.

"I'm just not used to clothes like this," I explained, tugging on the hem of the t-shirt.

"You actually liked those raggedy– I mean, worn things?" she exclaimed, standing and placing her hands on her hips. 

"They kept me warm and they kept me hidden. That's all I needed," I said, crossing my arms over my chest defiantly. 

"Well, they certainly won't help you stay hidden around here. If anything, you'll stick out like a sore thumb. By the way, where are you from?" she inquired, rifling through a small box that sat on a metal nightstand. 

"I don't stay in one place for long," I replied, hoping to avoid the question completely.

"You like to travel?" she asked, still not turning to face me.

"I...I don't know," I answered, watching my reflections brows furrow in concentration.

"You don't know?"

"No. I mean...I traveled because I had to. I didn't really have time to enjoy it," I said.

She didn't respond, instead she closed the small wooden box and slipped a thin golden bracelet onto her wrist. It held a simple elegance and was quite pretty, and by the sparkles in her eyes, I had no doubt that the man with the bow and arrows had given it to her. 

I noticed that she was a bit taller than me, and now that I had gotten a closer look at her I surmised she was indeed older– at least by three or four years. 

"You look like a completely different person," she commented, seeming a little awed.

"I was a walking dirt ball, I had no idea that dirt could cake on like it had," I said, examining the back of my noticeably lighter hand.