Chapter 14

*Sorry in advance for any spelling errors! I just want to get this chapter posted! Enjoy!*

Calypso’s P.O.V.

“Training?” I snorted, eyeing Steve with incredulity. It was late, maybe around ten o’ clock and Natasha had suggested the idea that I be trained in basic martial arts. Or at the very least, some self defense. I found this a bit ridiculous.

“Yes. Now, I want you to try and hit me,” Steve said, dropping into a defensive stance. Natasha shifted on sidelines, moving farther away from Tony who was messing around with something on his phone. I briefly wondered how they ever cooperated long enough to get anything done. 

“Hit you?” I asked the Captain, folding my arms across my chest. I was now clad in a gym t-shirt and a pair of basketball shorts. They were surprisingly comfortable, something I’d have to invest in if I was ever out on my own again.

“Yes,” he replied, putting up his wrapped hands. 

I flicked my finger and almost immediately Steve was on his back, floundering around like an overturned turtle. 

“That’s...cheating!” he exclaimed, finally able to right himself. 

“You said hit you. You didn’t say with what,” I replied, smirking. 

“But what if you couldn’t use air? Or if your hands were tied? You wouldn’t be able to defend yourself,” Natasha butted in.

“Fine, fine. But I already know the basics. If you’re not going to challenge me then I’ll leave,” I warned, giving Steve a stern stare. 

“How about a round with me, instead?” Natasha suggested, ushering Steve to the side of the gym floor. 

I nodded, feeling my muscles rev up in anticipation of the sparing match. 

“You sure about this, princess? They call her a ‘master’ assassin for a reason,” Tony said, eyeing the Widow with worry. 

I cracked my neck and stretched out my legs, taking up a fighters stance. 

“I’ll be fine,” I said, stepping to the side just in time to see Natasha slip by, a fist once aimed for my shoulder colliding with still air. Without pause she whirled, catching my back foot with hers, attempting to yank it out from under me. 

Things were a blur from there. 

Every kick, every punch, and every jab was delivered in perfect symmetry. If I kicked, she blocked and vice versa. 

Finally, after 10 minutes of accomplishing nothing but losing our breath, we backed off, panting, hands on our knees. 

“Holy CRAP. Where did you learn to fight like that!?!” Tony shouted, phone clattering to the floor.   

“Places...” I muttered, swiping some hair from in front of my eyes. 

“No, not just places! You don’t learn to fight like that in places!” He exclaimed, completely and utterly gobsmacked. 

I shrugged, shuffling my feet. 

“It took me years to master things like that,” Natasha said, also in awe.

“Who said it didn’t take me equally as long?” I said.

“But it didn’t, did it?” Natasha asked, scooping up a water bottle from a nearby bench before taking a seat.
“No. But let’s talk about something else,” I suggested, Natasha quickly picking up that this was a touchy subject. 

“Alright. How about...we...teach you how to use a phone?” Tony suggested, waving the sleek piece of machinery around in the air. From what I could see it had no buttons: just a blank glass screen. 

“How are you supposed to call people with no buttons?” I inquired, eyeing the phone with curiosity.

“Seriously?” Tony asked, looking on the verge of cracking up. 

“Really!” I said, frustrated, feeling as if there was something I was missing. 

“Oh, you have a lot to learn,” Tony sighed.

Steve Rogers a.k.a Captain Americas P.O.V. 

Calypso was like a five year old on Christmas morning once the phone came to life. The glow of the screen flashed across her face, blue eyes ignited with the low light, reaching up to carefully cradle the phone in her palm. 

“What are these?” Calypso asked, pointing at the games that littered the screen. 

“Those are apps. They are for entertainment purposes- OW!”

“What Tony was saying,” Natasha interjected, laughing as Tony massaged his shoulder, “is that these are games”.

“You can do more than just call now!?” She exclaimed, eyes widening to twice their normal size. She was liken to a deer caught in a pair of headlights. A very pretty deer caught in a pair of headlights. 

I blanched. 

Did I just think...? No. She was an associate I couldn’t have feelings for her anyway! There was still Peggy... But she was gone now. Besides I just met her!

My disconcertment must have been clearly written across my face because Calypso glanced up from the phone and watched me with a bit of concern. 

“Are you okay?” she asked, tilting her head just a little to the side. Her wild main of hair followed suit, framing her face like a piece of artwork. 

“Fine! I just remembered I have to go check on something! I’ll be right back,” I blurted out, turning and high tailing it out of the room. What was wrong with me!?

Calypso’s P.O.V.

Shrugging, I turned my attention back towards the phone, gliding my finger acorss the smooth surface. 

“I thought I’d never like technology but this is neat,” I declared, jumping a bit as a song started blasting from a tiny, embedded speaker. 

“Whoops, I should probably take that,” Tony said, before snatching the phone from my hands and hitting a number on the keyboard. 

“Hello, Pepper,” he drawled, waltzing from the room. I stood, pouting just the tiniest bit, before Natasha came and placed a hand on my shoulder. 

“Don’t worry, I’ll get you one. But in the mean time, I want to show you something really cool,” she said, leading me from the gym.

“What about training?” I inquired, casting a glance back at the punching bags.

“Training-shmaining. If you can fight like that you’re good,” Nat said dismissively. 

“If you say so...” I muttered, looking around at the maze of white hallways, trying to figure out where on earth she was leading me to. 

We were walking for a good five minutes, climbed three flights of stairs before she stopped outside a rusted door. With a grunt she shoved it open, a cool breeze ruffling my clothes. 

I stepped forward and gasped at what was before me.