Chapter 11

*Lovely trailer by Loki_is_adopted* UPDATED AS OF 10/16/16: The video no longer exists! Sorry everyone. :(

Black Widow's a.k.a Natasha Romanof's P.O.V.

"Does anyone know where Thor lumbered off to?" Clint asked, glancing into the rooms we passed while on our way towards the medical ward.

"No...why?" I inquired, just realizing that the Asgardian was indeed gone. In fact, I hadn't seen him since the impromptu conference that started this whole mess.

"Just wondering..." Clint responded, eyes flicking back and forth nervously. I smiled, slinging an arm around his shoulders.

"Thor's not going to take over the world, that was Loki's thing," I chuckled, earning a glare from him that softened the longer we held eye contact. I began to lean in when we were interrupted by a choking noise made none other by Stark.

"Get a room," he scoffed, ducking just as my foot flew past that spot where his head had been.

"I think I found Thor," Steve called from up ahead, nearly two hallways ahead of us. He was stopped outside the observation window of one of the hospital rooms.

"You think you found him?" Bruce asked, sending Tony into a round of hysterics at the scientists dry sense of humor, "he's pretty hard to miss."

Steve gave him a flat look, before turning his attention once again toward the room. What we saw inside was... a bit surprising. Thor sat in a chair in front of the bed which held a cross legged Calypso. They were talking, though the words were incomprehensible to us. Whatever Thor was saying, and by his pained expression I could tell it had to do with Loki, was causing something in Calypso's eyes to flicker. It could have a been an idea, or maybe a long dead spark of hope, but whatever it was, was managing to thoroughly unnerve me.

"Something's not right..." I muttered, watching as the wheels turned in the young girl's head.

"What do you mean?" Steve asked, and by the tone of his voice I knew he could see it, too.

"Turn on the microphones inside the room, I want to know what he's talking about," I ordered. Bruce nodded, walking over to a panel of about fifty switches that had been priorly concealed from view, flicking on what appeared to be a random six.

Suddenly, Thor's voice filled the small hallway and we all fell silent. I strained my ears to hear the slightest changes in pitch to signify anything amiss.

"Loki is currently back in Asgard, serving justice there. The Chitauri have retreated back to their realm but I fear they may come back for my brother," Thor sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Look past his actions Thor– try and see the big picture. Who did he encounter when he fell? Where did he wind up? Who could have tricked him into that?" she reasoned, voice firm. The spark failed to ignite.

"I didn't have much time to before, but I will. You make much sense for a mortal," he said, a small smile tugging at his lips.

"I hope so. I do have a few questions though. How does one get to Asgard from here? Spaceship?" she inquired, tapping her fingers against her right knee.

Thor guffawed, wiping imaginary tears from his eyes.

"No. It is very complex to get from Earth to Asgard. It requires a great energy source, the Tesseract for example. But I can travel freely between the realms though it does take an immense amount of effort," He explained, crossing his arms. Calypso's eyes crackled like the fourth of july.

"What about Loki? It must have been difficult to arrive at earth from the other side of the space time continuum," Calypso prodded, brows arching in amazement.