“Fine!” He hesitantly relented. “At least answer this then, why did you kiss me back that time?”

“Do we need to talk about this now?” Chaeyoung asked, looking straight into Jungkook’s eyes. “Jungkook, just be patient with me, please?”

Jungkook heaved a deep sigh. “Of course, Chaeyoung. I’m sorry. I love you.”

He gave her a peck on the side of her head before she leaned her head on his shoulders as they sat beside each other. His arm slowly snaked its way around her waist, pulling her closer to him. They looked up at the night sky with satisfied smiles plastered on their lips.

… … … … …

Chaeyoung rushed out of her office after she read a text from Jungkook saying that he was waiting for her outside. She was occupied with finishing her project report that she didn’t notice Jungkook’s message earlier. He texted her about ten minutes ago and she wasn’t sure if he was still there. She was relieved when she saw him standing by the door when she got out. He turned to her with a smile on his face.

“Sorry! I noticed your message just a minute ago. I didn’t mean to keep you waiting.”

“I understand. I knew you’d be busy. Besides, I’ve been doing that for the past weeks.”

“Jungkook . . .” She groaned.

He grinned, “I’m just teasing you.”

“So what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be eating your lunch now? Or, have you eaten already?”

“Yes, I have. And here.” He answered as he handed her a packed lunch.

“How did you know I haven’t eaten lunch yet?” She asked in surprise.

“When you warned me two days ago that you’d be busy with your current project, I thought of that time you haven’t eaten whole day trying to do another project at work. For that reason, I brought you your lunch to make sure you don’t skip any meal.” He explained.

“Oh! Well, thanks a bunch.”

“You’re welcome. And don’t forget to eat your lunch, alright? I already made sure you’d have no reason to starve yourself.”

“Sir, yes sir!” She answered while giving him a salute.

He chuckled, “I’ll get going now. See you later.”

“I, uh . . . I don’t think so.”

“Why not?” He asked while frowning at her.

She gave him an apologetic smile. “I’m attending my workmate’s bridal shower after work.”

“Where?”

“At Blaise Hotel.”

“What time will you finish? I’ll come fetch you.”

“We’re staying overnight.”

He looked upset as he answered, “Okay.”

“Why do you look like that?”

“No-nothing.”

“I’ll call tonight. So keep your lines open, alright?”

“Sure. I will wait.”

“Okay. Bye!”

“Bye!”

After Jungkook left, Chaeyoung happily went back to her desk and checked the food he brought for her. She was glad to see a quarter-cut roasted chicken with rice and vegetables in there. She hungrily munched on it while still trying to finish her report.