hey, beautiful

~ katherine wanted to surprise you but stefan and damon find her first ~

katherine pov

knowing that y/n is at the grill catching up with rebekah, her long time best friend - which is weird because she hates her family - i undress myself to where i'm only in my underwear and lay on her comfy king mattress. i wanted to surprise her after a few months of me being on the road and i knew now was the perfect time, since literally no one knows that i'm back in town. the only inconvenience there could be is if damon and stefan walk in on us, or on me waiting for her. i roll my eyes at the thought. why did she have to stay here out of all places?

right as i was about to throw the comforter over my nearly bare body, i hear the front door creek open. i use my special hearing to see who it is and roll my eyes again at the sound of damon and stefan talking. of course they had to be here now. i listen in again to hear stefan speak.

"someone's here," he says lowly. i groan knowing they're going to walk in any minute. i stand up quickly and get ready for the confrontation that's about to come. before i could throw on one of y/n's shirts, i hear her bedroom door open. i turn around to see a shocked stefan, with damon slowly walking up behind him, and i sassily put my hands on my hips and stare at him.

"what?" i ask, obviously irritated by him
barging in.

"what are you doing here?" he focuses his eyes on certain parts of the room, avoiding the chance of accidentally failing to maintain eye contact with me. i glare at damon, whom not so subtly checks me out. i let my arms fall to my sides in aggravation.

"well, i'm obliviously not here for you," i say, referring to both brothers. just as stefan was about to say something else, i hear the front door open again.

"i'm home!" the sound of y/n's angelic voice makes me smirk.

"i'm here for her." just as i say that, y/n speaks up again.

"hello? anyone home?" her footsteps could be heard coming up the stairs and i look at the brothers pointedly.

"well? are you going to leave?"

damon rolls his eyes and grabs stefan's shoulder lightly. "come on, brother. let's go before she snaps our necks." stefan nods and turns to walk out with damon.

"who were you guys talking to?" i hear them pass
y/n in the hallway. "and why where you in my room?"

"you'll see," is all damon said and she continued walking, causing me to get ready to finally see her. her body appears in the doorframe, with her head hanging down looking at her phone. i clear my throat to get her attention and her head snaps up with a confused expression on her face. when she notices it's me, she smiles widely. but it quickly falters due to her jaw dropping when she sees my lack of attire. i smirk at her expression and walk slowly towards her.

"hey, beautiful," i kiss her cheek. "miss me?"

"so much," she sighs and quickly pulls me into a hug. but growls lowly when her hands meet the bare skin of my back and she pulls away slightly. "you really know how to surprise me, huh?" i nod my head.

"i know how to do a lot of things," i whisper in her ear seductively and kiss her jaw, making her hum.

"like what?" she teasingly asks.

"like how to welcome myself." i quickly pick her up and throw her on her bed. i close the door just as she hits the mattress with a small yelp and i climb on top of her.

"and how are you going to do that?" her eyes darken in anticipation. mine do the same as i see her lick her lips.

"let me show you."