sweet reunion

~you see katerina for the first time in 300 years~

i sigh as stefan motions me to come inside of is house. i just came back to mystic falls to visit him and damon after finally falling out of the eyes of niklaus. once i'm inside, he speaks to me.

"there is actually someone here you might want to see," he says. many thoughts came through my mind. who could it be? i left many people i cared about because of the hybrid mikaelson.

"who?" i question, curiosity evident in my eyes.

"someone you haven't seen for a very, very long time," damon states, as he enters the living room from the kitchen. i roll my eyes.

"damon, i swear if you're referring to yourself-" he cuts me off with a chuckle.

"as much as i love you, that's not the case," he smiles. "just go up to your old room. she's in there," he continues, referring to the room i used to stay in when i needed help hiding. so it's a girl.

"okay," i give stefan a questioning look. he just nods his head in reassurance. so, i start to make my way up the staircase. once i'm outside the familiar door, i feel a rush of nervousness come over me. i shake my head and bring myself to knock before i open the door. when i see the back of the girl who was in my room, i freeze. it couldn't be. could it? "katerina?"

i watch as she whirls around, with a mug of coffee in her hand, and gives me wide eyes.

"y/n? oh my god." she sets down the mug on the bedside table next to her and rushes over to me. "it's been too long," she says after she wraps me in her arms.

"i-i missed you so much." i hugged her back. she pulls away, now holding my face in her hands.

"where have you been? i haven't seen you since that night. i'm so sorry i left you. i'm so sorry." she apologizes, referring to the night we had to split up because of niklaus.

"don't you dare apologize. we had no other choice," i say, looking into her eyes. she nods. "all that matters now is that we finally found our way back to each other." she smiles, pulling me in for a long, passionate kiss that we both have been waiting for. once we pull away, i feel as if the half of my soul that has been lost, finally reconnected with the other. all the pain is gone. warmth and light crashing into my mind of blue. my life has finally come back together. i am finally at ease. i then open my mouth to speak again when i remember something.

"i hear you're called katherine now." she laughs and nods.

"yes. but, now only you may call me katerina." i smile, kissing her again. "come, let's go to bed. i know you're tired," she says after we pull away. i nod again and follow her to the bed, laying down in her arms for the first time in hundreds of years. quite literally.