The Kiss

The two leaned back from each other, and Ben broke out in a smile.  It was the first time Rey had seen him smile, and Ben couldn't remember the last time he was this happy.  The couple had finally admitted their feelings for each other, though without words.  Still, after all the fighting, late-night chats, mental torment and constant thinking about each other, Rey and Ben had both come to the self-realization that their obsession over each other was not by chance, but was the result of true, deep love, reiterated by their dyad in the force.

Rey matched Ben's smile, to which Ben met with a giggle.  Another surprise to Rey and Ben, both of which had never heard such a pure sound of happiness emerge from the once murderous Kylo Ren.  Ben stared into Rey's eyes, and he allowed himself to finally lose himself in their beauty, as he had yearned to do from the first time he met her.  Rey simultaneously searched Ben's eyes as she had so longed to do, but never could until then.  All their trapped up emotions for each other were finally starting to be released as the pair finally accepted each other as soul mates.  The world around them, even the war that was going on above their heads, had all silenced as the center of the galaxy seemed to revolve around the lovers.  Who would've known that the most powerful beings in the galaxy would end up like this?  It had really been a strange day.  Suddenly, the world seemed to get louder once more and the two realized they had been engrossed in their own bubble for quite some time.  

Rey looked up and even more tears welled in her eyes.  She couldn't believe what she saw.  After generations of fighting and years of pain, the resistance won.  The war was over.  Ben saw this and another smile broke out upon his face.  All that he had wanted as Kylo Ren had dissipated and ironically he was happy to see the destruction of the destroyers he once controlled.  Rey looked back down at Ben and he met her eyes.  "It's over," she said, so shocked that she could hardly believe it was true.  "It's been so long. I'm sorry for everything, I-" but before Ben could finish Rey covered Ben's hand with her own and replied "I know.  Let's just enjoy this moment, please.  Together."  He nodded at her and held her tightly in his arms as the pair stared up into the skies of Exogal, both in pure bliss, witnessing the end of the war. 

Author's Note

Hope you enjoyed so far!  I got lots of ideas on where this is going, and yes a lot of it comes from TROS (The Rise of Skywalkers) cause I really want this story to be read as if it is a different ending to the movie, cause idk about y'all but I definitely wanted Reylo to have a happily ever after.  So the first few chapters may not be to your liking, but there will be a point where this story goes off into complete fanfic and a storyline of the couple living together, but it's gonna take some time.  I'll let y'all know when I get there though so if you wanna stop reading and have a different ending to the movie you can do that, or if you wanna see how I envision the pair living out their lives you can do that too.  Thanks for the patience and support and forgiveness for my writing, cause I ain't that great at it.  Well, until next time!!!