I added one more year to my age today. I don't really feel any different. I still went to the shop even though Ric told me I could stay home. To me, it's just like another day for me. I didn't want to go out for dinner, so Keyshia put together a feast at the house. Tonight, Eva is meeting my folks for the first time and I want things to go well.

"Yes. Boy, sit down! You're freaking me out. What are you so nervous for anyway? Is there something about her that you're hiding from us?"

"Like what?"

"Like if she's blind, handicapped, or white? None of that matters to us if that's what you're worried about. We don't discriminate."

"There's nothing like that. Keyshia, I'm begging you in the name of God, don't say anything to her that will drive her away. Even if there's something you don't like about her, wait until she leaves to tell me. Your opinions mean a lot to me, but I'm trying to enjoy what we have going on for as long as I can."

"We'll be on our best behavior and I have a feeling we'll love her. Let me go finish getting ready and pull these rollers out of my head. Hopefully, Ric is already dressed. When she comes in, give her a tour. That should help calm your nerves."

"Okay." She went upstairs and I took a couple of deep breaths. I looked down to see Ice struggling to remain standing as he gripped onto the couch. I picked him up before he dropped to the floor. "Are you ready to meet my lady, little man? Just know that if you try to steal her, it's going to get pretty ugly between me and you." He laughed, putting his fingers on top of my nose. The doorbell rang and I went to get it.

"Happy birthday, love!" My everything greeted me with the biggest smile that was accompanied by a hug and a kiss.

"Thanks baby. You look gorgeous."

"Thank you. Okay, I see you. I like the velvet suit."

"You know how I do

"You know how I do."

"I got you a little something." She handed me a small gift bag.

"Word? You didn't have to."

"Well, if I want one for my birthday, I have to give to receive."

"Right. I appreciate this. You can come in."

"I thought the outside was beautiful, but it's even more breathtaking on the inside."

"Let me give you a tour."

"That would be nice. I'm pretty sure this is Mr. Ice. Hi, you look so cute in your little tuxedo." Ice hid his face in my shoulder before lifting his head while laughing. He reached out his arms to her.