The Hospital Room

The drive to the hospital, though it took less than fifteen minutes, seemed to have taken forever.

Izzie couldn't stop apologizing in Casey's ear. She felt guilty. She wanted to go back in time. She wished she had never leave that room where she was with Casey.

Evan had taken the path to call Doug, telling him what had happened. The Gardner's packed their bags to return as soon as possible. Elsa soothed Sam that had not reacted well to the news, although they were all in panic.

Arriving at the hospital, Casey was immediately taken to the emergency room to be seen by several doctors. She was still in induced sleep.

Izzie, realizing that he could not enter with her, lost her mind and began shouting at who was stopping her.

- Izzie: "Let me in! She cannot be alone. She needs me. Let me in!"

Izzie cried, sobbed and screamed - between quiet moments when she asked to be let in again.

Evan was talking to Doug's colleague trying to get a better understanding of what happened, but he could only say the clash had been fortunately sideways. Physically, Casey looked reasonably well... So the existing injuries would be internal.

Izzie sat at the doors of the room where Casey had entered. She was crying mournfully. She refused to leave as much as the doctors asked her to wait for news outside.

Meanwhile, Evan also entered the Hospital, waiting for the Gardner's.

*Three hours later...*

Both Izzie and Evan had fallen asleep, waiting for news. In the meantime, the Gardner's arrived in town.

Elsa stayed with Sam at the door of the hospital, trying to calm him down as he was still distressed.

Evan woke up and saw them. He went outside.

Doug entered, going straight to his colleague, who was at the information center.

- Doug: "Where is she? Where is she?", he asked startled.

- Doug's colleague, troubled, pointing to the room where Casey was: "She's there."

A doctor leaving the room had met Doug at the door.

Meanwhile, Izzie had woken up with the noise.

- Doctor: "Is it the father?"

- Doug: "Yes. I am!"

- Doctor: "You can come in. She woke up now."

Izzie rose from the floor, trying to get in behind Doug, confused and relieved to have known that Casey had woken up.

They both entered the room.

Casey was looking out the window. Izzie didn't knew what to feel. Her body rushed towards her, though it did not move. She was still puzzled by fear.

- Doug: "Case."

- Casey, turning her head and looking at them both, confused: "Hm... Who... Who are you?"