The Unexpected Hero

Izzie reached the bar door, peered in through the glass windows and saw Nate. Impulsively, she entered and smiled at Nate who called her to the table where he was sitting.

- Nate: "Hey... Can I ask something for you?"

- Izzie: "Sure. Anything."

Nate ordered two vodkas, followed by two gin tonics, followed by two whiskey cokes. They were talking about Clayton.

At the Gardner's, Casey took Evan's hands away from her own face and took several steps back.

- Casey: "Evan, I can't... I really, really, really can't. I need you to love me enough to realize that I'll never stop worrying about you - or wanting you to be the happiest person in the whole world with someone who deserves you (someone I doubt even exists althought I hope so) - but I can't be with you, because I can't stop thinking about someone else. I can't stop thinking about her."

She stopped for two seconds.

- She kept going: "This can make me an awful person but I love you enough to let you go, to not hold you up to a lie or to drag you into the mess that I am right now."

Evan, with tears streaming down his cheeks, kissed her forehead and left without saying a word.

Just after he left, Casey took the car keys and left... Helplessly looking for Izzie.

At the bar, as soon as Nate realized Izzie was drunk, he suggested:

- Nate: "Well. Shall we go to my place...? Just that I have a bottle of wine that I can't drink alone..."

Izzie was just dizzy. Lost in the effect of alcohol. Truth is, at that point, she could be anywhere because she wouldn't feel the difference.

Nate placed his hand over Izzie's hand - and tryed to focus her eyes even though she could barely keep them open.

- "Come on...?" - he added.

Izzie stood up, leaned against him and they both left holding hands. His shoulder support was, in the end, what kept her from falling - since she had blurred vision and failling legs.

Meanwhile, Casey was looking for her in every corner of the city, in every street, in every avenue. She went to her house but no one opened since there was no one there.

Her desperation increased with every second the clock struck in her ear. Casey panicked because she knew she had no control over the situation. She had no way of knowing that Izzie would be with Nate at a Downtown Bar.

Casey drove with her eyes downcast - because they were absolutely set on Izzie. She was just thinking of her. She had a overwhelming fear that she could lose her.

As Nate and Izzie left the bar, fresh air finally hit her face. The silence, outside that bar where the music was deafening, made her awaken to reality.

- As they got into Nate's car, Izzie said: "Please. Wait a second. Let me just make a call."

- Nate hurriedly exclaimed: "To whom? Don't be complicated... You're with me."

Izzie realized at that moment she shouldn't have hung up the phone. She turned it on. It had a warning of low battery... A 1% left.

Izzie quickly acceded her last calls to call Casey, while Nate drove towards his place - which was near Don's Pizzaria.

- Izzie, realizing she didn't want to go with him, said startled: "Nate, having a drink with you was nice but I don't want to go to your place. I'm drunk. I need to go home. You live near Don's - but I live the other way."