Lavir

In the previous chapter I said I would post a part that explains Lavir's biology cause the girl is wild. 

Basically, one parent was human, the other was nautolan, there for a mix of warm and cold blooded because Nautolans are amphibians. Technically. 

So I did some research on salamanders because they're amphibians and here is what I came up with based on my limited knowledge of salamanders and how I personally thing an amphibian humanoid and a human mixed child would be like. In space. 

Cold blooded animals body temps depend on the environment around them. (One sciencey website explained it as 'if the environment is 50 degrees, the animal is 50 degrees). So I just decided that while her natural body temp would be 98.6F (i'm american sorry i don't understand celsius) it can fluctuate between 88 and 112F normally. It just doesn't vary as much as most nautolans. In the cold she gets really really sleepy and in the dry heat she gets dehydrated in like five minutes.  She thrives in humid environments because water, but can still perform all her skills no matter what planet she's on as long as she's careful. 

She has an interesting immune system, it's not great and sometimes she has a hard time fighting diseases off. 

She can breathe water. It's kinda why I made her nautolan. 

She has splotches of blue skin all over her body, the patches of blue is a lot smoother than her human like skin. And she has two tentacles that grew from the back of her neck, I saw someones headcanon on tumblr that nautolans can move their tentacles underwater and grab stuff and uh totally accepted. 

Her eyes are all kinds of wild. Nautolans have large, dark eyes to see underwater. So her pupils can expand depending on how she's feeling, and how bright/dark the light around her is, and really anything can make her pupils change sizes. They can cover her entire eye sometimes. I imagine people meeting her for the first time and she looks up from a book or from Ral while she's fixing him or something and her eyes are just solid black and people flip. I feel like that would be hilarious. Also her irises practically glow for some reason. I don't really have an actual reason for this, just thought it sounded cool. 

She has a really sharp sense of smell, and because nautolans are technically predators she can probably smell blood really, really well much to her annoyance. She could probably smell fish at a really far distance, too.

Totally has really sharp canine teeth, not like a vampire look or anything, but you know what I mean. Hopefully. 

Nautolans communicate to each other underwater through the release of pheromones from their tentacles, even though they can technically speak verbally underwater. I would think that while she knows the language technically, she has a hard time really understanding it and she just prefers not to communicate that way.

Most of her other systems like circulatory and digestive etc are all mainly human with other random little things thrown in. 

So yeah. There's that, hope it's helpful, probably unnecessary but oh well lol.