15 - touch

The weekend comes around faster than I can even blink.

I'm reviewing my history notes and looking over my textbook when Aaron finally wakes up from his deep sleep. 'Morning.' I say but all he does is groan in reply to me. I laugh as I catch sight of his messy just got out of bed hair and he glares at me.

'Don't comment okay, I know I look like a ferret right now but I don't feel like brushing my hair.' I don't comment on it but I still laugh nonetheless and after Aaron pours himself a cup of coffee he finally walks over to the couch, grabbing my legs and lifting them up so he can sit down where my legs once were.

He places my legs on his lap and continues sipping his coffee in silence. This was it, the life I pictured for me and him. A peaceful morning that didn't involve yelling and hitting and beating and crying and all in all suffering. Just the two of us, bantering and lounging on the couch with papers in our hands and wake cups of coffee. It was good, I was content like this.

'It's a Saturday why are you studying?' Aaron asks peeking over at my textbook.

I shrug. 'I have practice tomorrow morning and I don't feel like cramming everything till the last minute.' I explain and Aaron smiles.

'You're the complete opposite of me when I was in high school. I used to do everything at the last minute.' I nod recalling all the times he would come into my room panicking a day before some big test.

I'm not gunna lie, I missed those days. When Aaron was still a kid in my eyes. When he didn't act like he had to be this adult that manages everything in my life. He's eighteen but sometimes I feel like he's in his mid twenties by the way he talks and how he is stressed out all the time. But I don't blame him, his circumstances forced him to grow up before his time. I sigh. 'Trust me I know your ways Aaron.' I say. 'You used to make me do your stupid projects and review your lessons for you a day before the test.'

Aaron is about to shoot back at me but a loud knock on the door startles the both of us. We both look at each other wearily before Aaron stands up and opens the door.

It's Drew.

'Hide me. Now.' He says, and he looks worn out and exasperated.

Aaron clears his throat. 'Excuse me?'

'You heard me dude, I need a hiding spot just for a few hours. My mom won't suspect I'm here just lock me in your room or something.' Aaron looks at me with his eyes wide and his eyebrows furrowed.

Drew reeks of alcohol and judging by the shock on my brothers face I can tell he has no clue of Aaron's real persona. Aaron probably thinks Drew is innocent and sweet and shy, but little does he know this boy has a lot of secrets to him and he is full of surprises.

Now Drew looks at me. 'Ella please, come on help me out here. We're friends right?' He says pleading me with his eyes. At least this time he isn't look at my boobs.

'Friends? I barely know you Drew. Plus, why are you hiding from your mom?' I ask.

He sighs looking irritated. 'Because she thinks I haven't had a sip of alcohol in my whole seventeen years of existing and if she smells me right now I'm dead.' Drew gives me a pleading look again but I look away from him and focus on Aaron.

Aaron looks at me, telling me to say no and deny this poor boy a place to hide for a little bit. But the small bit of goodness I have inside of me tells me to let him stay. If I were in his shoes and I was trying to hide from my father trying to make sure he won't hurt me, I'd want someone to help me out too.

'Fine.' I groan. 'You can stay in my room. I'm going out later anyways.'

Drew smiles but Aaron groans at me. I watch as Drew staggers towards me and pulls me into a sloppy hug. 'Thank you, you're my actual hero.' He says and I pull him off of me and walk him to my room before closing the door on him.