II.

____***____

____***____

          RANI STILL COULDN'T BELIEVE THAT KING EDMUND AND QUEEN LUCY WERE ON BOARD THE SAME SHIP AS HER. Rhian would've laughed his head off if he'd seen her face when Jacob had divulged the truth to her, at long last.

  Shortly after they'd left, Caspian had announced the true identity's of their resident castaways. And it appeared they were none other than two of the four Kings and Queens of old. Of course, Jacob had already figured that minor detail out beforehand.

  It was safe to say that Jacob had shocked Rani into silence.

  Seeing to the freckled boy, whom she now knew was named Eustace, had not taken long at all but it seemed as though she had missed out on all of the excitement whilst she was downstairs.

  "You had better not be pulling my leg, Jacob." Rani warned once the man had finished his account.

  He made a sound of protest and held up his hands, moving away from where he was securing ropes. "I speak the truth and nothing more."

  Eyeing him warily, Rani nodded. "Mhm."

  Jacob was well known abroad the Dawn Treader for exaggerating his tales, though they did make for invigorating stories.

  "Oh," Jacob paused once more and looked to her again. "The Captain said that King Caspian wants you down in the the State room."

  "Oh, okay." Rani felt her forehead crease in confusion. "Did he say why?"

  "You know Drinian." Jacob said, as if that explained everything.

  And it did. Drinian always did like to have an air of mystery surrounding him.
Rani waved goodbye and quickly made her way across the deck and towards Caspian's quarters. She couldn't help but ponder over what Caspian wanted? Had she done something wrong?

  King Caspian, she chided herself. He was King Caspian to her. Nothing more, nothing less.
Her footsteps slowed as she neared the cabin. Soft voices murmured to each other from behind the door.

  Should she walk in or knock? Rani wrung her hands as she debated the best way to enter the room. Maybe she should just wait until they finish talking? She didn't want to disturb them, they were all royalty after all... apart from Drinian.

  "– In just three years." The unmistakable sound of Caspian's voice rang through.

  Rani scolded herself for being such a coward and squared her shoulders. Softly, she pushed open the door but the sound of Queen Lucy's voice froze her in place. "And have you found yourself a queen in those three years?"