4. Coffee and Wine.

When I made it to the apartment, I didn't realize how early it was. The clock read 4pm and Nova didn't get off work until 7.

The sun was still shining on the breezy fall day and if I wasn't nearly maimed I would've went to the skatepark to practice on my grinds. But no, Vincent just had to hit me with his car.

Who does he think he is? And he had the nerve to threaten me! He's gonna wish that I'd died when I'm done with him.

I decided to be productive and get some of my work done before Nova got home. The assignment was to write about managing on your own, practicing how to be responsible of your personal finances, and marketing yourself.

This being my third year as a theater major has taught me that show business is more than hard. It's scary, terrifying, and cruel.

When Nova and I decided to form an alliance to kill Vincent, I had a hunch that I would choke and not get the job done. That hunch still continues to drag at me like a addict with a cigar.

However, I agreed to be part of this operation anyway because being an assassin and being an actor is about taking risks. I love the rush of experiencing something that I've never encountered before, but I often forget that I have to expect the unexpected.

The sick irony of that happened today. I know that riding skateboards are dangerous and the thought of a thin board protecting the rider is not really ideal, but I do it anyway. The thrill of it actually keeps a smile on my face.

But the harsh reality kicked in today when Vincent decided to hit me with his car. Today I realized that I could die by carrying on with this mission because he is a dangerous man. Being an actor is about learning how to take risks, yes, but it's also about learning how to take a hard blow to the gut. It literally comes out of nowhere and hits you like... a truck.

Mom always said that it was about how you fall because you learn how to get up quicker every time you got hit. "It's about strategy. Tactics," she would say.

I miss her every second of everyday. Her presence was so ominous that I didn't have a worry in the world. When she died, I took her advice of getting back up and not letting her passing consume me in the worst way. I knew she would want me to live out our dream.

Her lessons went over my father's head and definitely wasn't shot up in his arm like his heroin.

My phone glowed and I saw that an unknown number texted me. After saving my work on my laptop, I clicked the message to see who it was.

Hey, it's Henry. Just wanted to make sure you made it home in one piece. Btw, before you say anything, this is me keeping it professional.

Grant. I kept my upper lip locked between my teeth as I replied.

Of course I made it home. I've been hit with things worst than a car. And yes, I can see that you're keeping your word of keeping things professional. Proud of you!

I sent the message and went to the kitchen to look through the drawer for takeout menus. I hadn't eaten since the blueberry muffin I had this morning.

7:38pm

Nova should be on her way home now and I doubt that she will bring food with her since she'll be exhausted.

I shot Nova a text asking what she wanted to eat and she responded so quick that I didn't even have time to sit my phone back down.

Italian. I've got some news that'll help you as we continue on.

I could use some good intel to take down this monster.