Chapter Thirty One

I walk towards Flynn's room. I haven't seen much of him the last couple of days because of our fight. I walk down the smaller hallway that his room is on. Little strings of notes carry through the hallway. I knock on his door.

"Hi, Celia," he says. He smiles at me. I return the favor.

"Hey. Um, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out or something," I asked.

"Sure. You just wanna come in here?" he asks. I nod and he motions for me to walk in. I sit down on the edge of the bed. He sits down on the piano bench that was already pulled out.

We talk about random things. We make jokes about some of the guards, our families, and the other men. Then, a thought comes to my mind.

"Crap!" I yell. My hand covers mouth. Flynn gives me a strange look.

"Um, is everything okay?" he asks. I shake my head.

"No! My father told me a few days ago that I have to have one man eliminated by today. I don't know who to eliminate or how to ask them to leave," I say.

"I don't have any experience with this but just do it. Who do you feel the least connection with?" he asks. I shrug and think for a few minutes.

"Ryder," I say. He nods.

"Well, I think he should be eliminated next," he says. I nod and change my position on the couch. I'm on my back and my head is hanging off the bed.

"Will you play something for me?" I ask.

"I didn't bring a lot of sheet music but I do have a couple of the songs I wrote," he says. He pulls a stack of papers out of the bench. He sits them on top of the piano. I get up and stand next to him. I pick up a song and I know this is the one.

"Will you play this one?" I ask. He looks at the song and he nods. We both sit down at the piano. He begins to play and I sing the lyrics.

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?
But watching you stand alone,
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow.

One step closer

I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this

One step closer

I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

One step closer
One step closer

I have died every day waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

He finishes the song at I watch him. When he finishes, he looks at me. We stare at each other for several minutes without saying anything. Then, his lips move towards mine. The kiss is a passionate and as perfect as the last time. There is an aching for more as we pull apart.

"That was beautiful," I say. He smiles.

"Thank you. And so was your singing," he says.

"Thank you," I say.
Awwwww! Cute little Flia moment! (I can't think of a better name for Celia and Flynn. If you come up with something better please tell me!) I hope you enjoyed it! Please comment and tell me what you think!

The song was A Thousand Years by Christina Perri.

Disclaimer: Kiera Cass owns The Selection, not me.