Chapter Five

Taylor's P.O.V.

We let go. I laughed nervously, and wiped my eyes. "Sure, Ed, you love me," I answer. "But you're not IN love with me. You love me like a friend--but no one whose ever dated me ever really loved me, been in love with me, do you know what I mean?" I look at Ed, who has an odd look on his face. Then he speaks.

"Taylor, I am in love with you. For real. The whole deal."

The world rushed away from me in that moment, and I couldn't hear anything. I just saw him, his eyes, pleading with me to say something. We were two inches a part, but it felt like miles, oceans.

"Really?" I answered, scared.

Ed let out a huge breathe of air and smiled. 'Really," he answered. "Like, for ages. Since about two weeks into the Red tour. You're so damn beautiful when you perform. And you're one of the sweetest people I know." He puts his hand on my face, drying my tears. His brow furrowed. "Look, if you don't feel the same, it's no pressure. I mean, I just felt like I needed to tell you and --"

Before he could finish, I leaned in, closing that distance between us. I put my hand under his chin and pulled him toward me. His lips tasted sweet, like maple syrup from breakfast. His breathe and fast and hard. He pulled me in closer after the first kiss, deepening the kiss slowly, and then our kisses became more frantic the longer it went on. I couldn't let go of him, I couldn't stop, even for a moment, even to catch my breath. His hair was soft under my fingers, his tongue was so smooth. I had his shirt half off before I realized what was happening, and my shirt had all it's buttons undone.

"Well, that's an interesting development," we both heard.